Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAL6]

Looks like the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 pistol will be hitting stores soon.
And it will be offered with SigBrace as well.

Colin Noir review:
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent him the barrel with the trunnion still attached. Takes like 10 minutes to take it that far apart. Very easy to do. It was $75 shipped back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
I sent him the barrel with the trunnion still attached. Takes like 10 minutes to take it that far apart. Very easy to do. It was $75 shipped back.
View Quote

I'm confused, was yours an early model not threaded 1/2x28?

BTW Morgan has done a couple rifles for me and they ended up fantastic, he's my only threaded barrel person
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#3]
Yep. Gen 1 bought and form 1ed in 2015.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

I'm confused, was yours an early model not threaded 1/2x28?

BTW Morgan has done a couple rifles for me and they ended up fantastic, he's my only threaded barrel person
View Quote

Mine had metric threads as well. Picked up a HBI micro kit. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. Gen 1 bought and form 1ed in 2015.
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking.

Looks great!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Wolfman finally got out of jail after 4.5 months

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#7]
Not sure if it has been posted yet or not but Strike Industries just sent me an email saying they released a handguard for the Scorpion.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-cevo-hg-6.html

I'd get one if I didn't just buy a different handguard.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
Not sure if it has been posted yet or not but Strike Industries just sent me an email saying they released a handguard for the Scorpion.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-cevo-hg-6.html

https://www.strikeindustries.com/media/catalog/product/cache/cc6a4df0c0afa44f658019c8e8a3ebb0/9/s/9si_cevo_hg_6_008_1080px.jpg

I'd get one if I didn't just buy a different handguard.
View Quote

Looks interesting for sure though not a fan of the fake can but to each their own. I might look at this if I didn't already have a Midwest rail.
I have a couple of Strike Industries items on my jailed Scorpion, grip and long safetys. Safetys work create but can't take it off safe with stock folded so I'll experiment with it once it's free from the AFT.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks interesting for sure though not a fan of the fake can but to each their own.
View Quote

I agree with you and thinking most people will install it without the fake can (use of the fake/dummy can is optional).
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys how do I tell if my S1 is a gen2 or gen1?  Is the sling slot by the action the way to tell?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DominicanGalil:
Hey guys how do I tell if my S1 is a gen2 or gen1?  Is the sling slot by the action the way to tell?
View Quote

Pretty sure the Gen2s have the 1/2*28 threads. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Been wanting to have this done as well. Thanks jekbrown and the others who recommended Morgan.

ETA: My Evo is now a box of parts in anticipation of having this done.

Mine will be to Morgan shortly...$75 round trip.
View Quote

My local gunsmith just called and said they don't want to take the risk of threading my Scorpion barrel.  Looks like I will be contacting Morgan to have mine sent out.  I probably should have done that in the first place, I'd have it back by now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Morgan did both of my scorpion barrels. I wouldn't have anyone else touch my barrels then Morgan. awesome dude.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally got to shoot my factory SBR Scorpion today thats jailed. My buddy/dealer went shooting and brought it.
Did the MI handguards, BCM foregrip, strike grip and safety (not fan of safety) and HBI charging handle and trigger spring.

Shot like a dream. My reloads are a hair underpowered to cycle 100% so might bump up the tight group 2 tenths and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I've seen some conflicting info and was hoping you guys can give me the straight dope.

I just got a Scorpion pistol and will be running it with my AAC TiRant can.

Do I need to throw a fixed spacer into the can or will function the way it is? I've been told I need to run the spacer but have not seem anyone in this forum mention they converted their suppresser.

I appreciate any info in this.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jerryjeff:
I've seen some conflicting info and was hoping you guys can give me the straight dope.

Do I need to throw a fixed spacer into the can or will function the way it is? I've been told I need to run the spacer but have not seem anyone in this forum mention they converted their suppresser.

Thank You.
View Quote

My understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no nielsen device for a fixed barrel, so you would use a spacer with the scorpion/other PCC
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]

My understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no nielsen device for a fixed barrel, so you would use a spacer with the scorpion/other PCC
View Quote
I have been told the same but lots of guys in this thread running suppressed Scorpions and I don't see anyone mentioning a spacer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I have been told the same but lots of guys in this thread running suppressed Scorpions and I don't see anyone mentioning a spacer.
View Quote

By spacer do they mean something to 'fill the space' of a booster device?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Wolfman finally got out of jail after 4.5 months

https://i.imgur.com/f0Qa8OD.jpg
View Quote

What stock is that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You need either a fixed barrel spacer or direct thread mount when using a pistol can on anything without a tilting barrel. Yes, you *might* be able to get away with a Nielsen device only but it'll probably hurt your accuracy and could cause other issues.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerryjeff] [#22]
Originally Posted By pc299:

You need either a fixed barrel spacer or direct thread mount when using a pistol can on anything without a tilting barrel. Yes, you *might* be able to get away with a Nielsen device only but it'll probably hurt your accuracy and could cause other issues.
View Quote
My TiRant would be directly screwed onto the barrel, no tri-lug or other mount.

So, do I still need the spacer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#23]
My TiRant would be directly screwed onto the barrel, no tri-lug or other mount.

So, do I still need the spacer?
View Quote

Yes.

Edit: I’m not familiar with the tirant but for my obsidian 9 the spacer replaces the piston spring and keeps the piston firmly seated against the end cap. I suppose there could be direct thread end caps that wouldn’t require a piston and spacer. Bottom line you can’t/shouldn’t use it on the scorpion in the same configuration you use it on a handgun with a non-fixed barrel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah you don't want that can moving around during firing. Fixed barrel adapter or a spacer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Great info, thank you all for the help, I'll get the spacer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Thank You.
View Quote

I have the same setup and just an FYI, you will be much happier with a tri-lug barrel and adapter. You can shoot mag after mag with no worries about loose cans and with a timing mark the POI is always the same.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ohio_OJ:

I have the same setup and just an FYI, you will be much happier with a tri-lug barrel and adapter. You can shoot mag after mag with no worries about loose cans and with a timing mark the POI is always the same.

View Quote
Solid advice, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Considering painting my black info in RAL8000. That color is awesome and I've been looking for a gun that it would look good on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Hope you have better luck than i did with the Magpul 35 round mags.
View Quote
Hmmm I run them exclusively due in no small part they run 100 percent for me. I have maybe 20 of them now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Thank You.
View Quote
I have an AAC Evo9 and had terrible accuracy issues with my scorpion. Finally figured out I needed the spacer, and got on waiting lists all over the place for the better part of a year before finding one at Hansohn Brothers.

Haven't had a chance to check accuracy since I received it but I'll try and get out there this weekend and report back.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#31]
Issue resolved
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I've got a Wolfman that should get out of jail any day now. I was planning on using the direct thread on my scorpion. Do I need a spacer?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
I've got a Wolfman that should get out of jail any day now. I was planning on using the direct thread on my scorpion. Do I need a spacer?
View Quote
No.  The spacer is only for boosters, it takes the place of the booster spring effectively turning the booster into a direct thread Mount.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
No.  The spacer is only for boosters, it takes the place of the booster spring effectively turning the booster into a direct thread Mount.
View Quote

Right on, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File
Finally got mine pretty much the way I want it-

SB brace
Magpul grip
HBI trigger kit, handguard, mag release, ambi-safety delete.
Romeo 5
AAC Tirant
Also had Class 3 Machining cut the barrel down to 5.3".  Really fast turnaround, great work and extremely fair price.

Probably going to SBR it and get a real stock.

Had a chance to shoot it over the weekend, no issues at with any of the ammo I shot, including a fair bit of subsonic stuff.

Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I appreciate all of the knowledge I got from this thread.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#36]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/279546/A0B0CBD9-2CAE-429C-AE6E-99A1F741A794_jpe-1956875.JPGFinally got mine pretty much the way I want it-

SB brace
Magpul grip
HBI trigger kit, handguard, mag release, ambi-safety delete.
Romeo 5
AAC Tirant
Also had Class 3 Machining cut the barrel down to 5.3".  Really fast turnaround, great work and extremely fair price.

Probably going to SBR it and get a real stock.

Had a chance to shoot it over the weekend, no issues at with any of the ammo I shot, including a fair bit of subsonic stuff.

Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I appreciate all of the knowledge I got from this thread.

View Quote

How do you like that trigger kit?

Was shooting mine unsuppressed the other day. Cranked the magpul front sight way down and not cant miss at my 25yd gongs.
Did notice the trigger has a bit of a heft to it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Couple things:

1. This thing is boringly accurate w/o a can, but all over the place when I put my AAC Evolution 9 on it (I replaced the spring with the spacer and still have issues).

2. Timney trigger is amazing when it works, but I keep getting burst fire followed by a dead trigger on loaded chamber. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
2. Timney trigger is amazing when it works, but I keep getting burst fire followed by a dead trigger on loaded chamber. Any thoughts?
View Quote

Not....good.  Hide the dogs?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By drobs:

Was shooting mine unsuppressed the other day. Cranked the magpul front sight way down and not cant miss at my 25yd gongs.
View Quote
I don't have way to measure the improvement other than feel, but the pull os definitely a good bit lighter.

For the few bucks and 20 min install I would say it was worth it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165125/10D2DBC0-EEC4-44BA-894C-D06B74240562_jpe-1957392.JPG

Couple things:

1. This thing is boringly accurate w/o a can, but all over the place when I put my AAC Evolution 9 on it (I replaced the spring with the spacer and still have issues).

View Quote
Curious how your can is attached?

Screw on or tri-lug?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't have way to measure the improvement other than feel, but the pull os definitely a good bit lighter.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drobs:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Curious how your can is attached?

Screw on or tri-lug?
View Quote
Direct thread (1/2x28).
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#43]
If anyone finds a link for mags with free shipping or cheap shipping please send it my way.
I have a bunch of the Gen 2 translucent factory mags so I'm not too worried about not having mags and I'm not trying to buy 5-10 of them, lol.
Buuuuttt....it never hurts to have more. Plus I like collecting mags.
In search of PSA mags, ETS, CZ black factory, Magpul, and Prepper Gun Shop. With small orders shipping usually kills my mood for ordering stuff. Like if I drop $20 on a mag.....then it says shipping is $8-$15 it's sort like "meh...I'll just wait until I have more stuff I have to buy".

Edit: Grabbed 2 from prepper gun shop. Good prices - $15
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, fuckers! You cost me money!

I had a carbine a couple years back and sold it... I kinda wish I'd gotten a pistol version instead, but put it out of my mind for a bit. Given I have an almost decent amount of 9mm around and no carbine, I was tempted there for a minute to find an MPX, but heck, they're rare as hen's teeth and stupid expensive. So I looked around for a pistol Scorpion and found a grey one without a brace for under $1k. Fuck it, I ordered. I'll need to find a brace, then I'll probably swap the grip with one of the YetiWurks grips, one of the AK style safety selectors, and order 10 PMags and be done with it. Oh, I might want to get the QD sling attachments. I had a set on my carbine.

Until it comes in, I guess I'll drool at pics and get ideas for mods and upgrayedds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:39:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjoe7757] [#45]
I’m running a wolfman on my scorpion utilizing the key micro adapter and 1/2x28 micro break. Works great and easy on and off. Additionally I used another Micro brake on my 11.5 ar15 and the wolfman is perfect on there as well. I just didn’t want to go the three lug route for one application when I could buy the key micro and run it on a few different barrels.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#46]
IT BEGINS

Attachment Attached File

I've got a brace and four magazines on the way. Bummer that the brace only comes in black. I'll be ordering a handguard, pistol grip, a three prong adapter and probably a dozen PMags this week. Maybe some trigger bits and a larger charging handle. I do want to get the QD sling mounts like I had on my carbine version. Lastly I'll look for an Aimpoint T2 Micro to put on top.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#47]
The safety is the first thing you need to replace.  Maybe the grip.  That safety will rub your right thumb raw.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By inzane123:
The safety is the first thing you need to replace.  Maybe the grip.  That safety will rub your right thumb raw.
View Quote

I'll be honest, I've used like 3 different grips for the evo and ever had an issue with the safety.
But I agree on the grip. The angle is terrible. It's like an FAL grip.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By inzane123:
View Quote

Forgot to mention that. I will deffo be ordering an AK style safety selector for the righthand side. I had one on my carbine and it's worth having. It's odd how the position of the selector contacts your strong hand finger.

Also question:

Can an Aimpoint T2 Micro be mounted low enough to co-witness with the factory iron sights? If not, are there any RDS that will?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
The factory sites are really low co-witnessing is almost impossible.  I have a Romeo dot sitting on an ADM low mount.  When trying to look through the rear sight, I just see the rim of the optic.  The front sight is visible though, figure if the dot goes out, I’ll just aim low with the post.  Or just use the quick release to pop off the dot and use the irons.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top