Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 2 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be pretty cool if we could pay a down payment and get a serial number now, to start the stamp paperwork.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is the information on the stock availablity - I want to SBR one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

CZ has stated that the stock would be available when you get your stamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:
I want foldable stock. I for sure want but would like to make sure I can get a stock for it. The brace thing doesn't interest me much on it.

This would be my 1st SBR, the more I think about it the more I want to do it!

I think I would still get the sig brace in the meantime, then sell it or maybe keep it after.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
It would be pretty cool if we could pay a down payment and get a serial number now, to start the stamp paperwork.  
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a bad ass little piece.  

The CZ's don't fuck around, especially with firearms design.  

The vigilance is a compensation mechanism, since most of the vowels were stolen from their language by the germans.  Because they kept them in the sudentenland.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
View Quote

CZ-USA facebook
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jh1990:

CZ-USA facebook
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jh1990:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

CZ-USA facebook

They said late Jan 2015, so expect them to hit dealers mid-late Feb.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Yup. PDs, SOF units, and other professional users are gonna totally skip the MPX in favor of a foreign built novelty PCC with a SIG Brace on it.

Those types of organizations have had the opportunity to buy these guns in their non-neutered form already, and it's gained little adoption. Those same organizations have already put out POs and RFIs to seriously look at adopting the MPX.

I see the civilian market closer to the Berretta Storm or 9mm ARs. It's a cool gun, but I don't see the true market of the MPX being affected by the Evo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By hauslp:
This is going to blow the MPX out of the water.

Yup. PDs, SOF units, and other professional users are gonna totally skip the MPX in favor of a foreign built novelty PCC with a SIG Brace on it.

Those types of organizations have had the opportunity to buy these guns in their non-neutered form already, and it's gained little adoption. Those same organizations have already put out POs and RFIs to seriously look at adopting the MPX.

I see the civilian market closer to the Berretta Storm or 9mm ARs. It's a cool gun, but I don't see the true market of the MPX being affected by the Evo.

I'm talking about civilian sales.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#9]
More vid of function and disassembly

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I want foldable stock. I for sure want but would like to make sure I can get a stock for it. The brace thing doesn't interest me much on it.

Link for verification?  If that's true, I'm going to preorder one from my job in the VERY near future.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Link for verification?  If that's true, I'm going to preorder one from my job in the VERY near future.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:

They posted on Facebook the stock would be available.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
problem is that with the latest BATFE Ruling , when making a "pistol" like this that is imported as a pistol, making it a SBR requires 922(r) compliance
that is the problem alot of us have had with making the PPS43 pistols into SBR's
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
i honestly never really wanted a semi smg like gun, id rather have a 5.56 sbr.
but at this price point? im really looking forward to seeing how this gun performs
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#14]
More vid of function and disassembly

http://youtu.be/4ByigNHoNeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By PolishX:

problem is that with the latest BATFE Ruling , when making a "pistol" like this that is imported as a pistol, making it a SBR requires 922(r) compliance

that is the problem alot of us have had with making the PPS43 pistols into SBR's
View Quote
I would imagine if CZ is stating that you will be able to apply for form 1 and install the stock, they are aware of 922(r) and have some way to get that part covered.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rcbif] [#16]
Any idea how they will deal with this gun having two receiver halves?

Would just one half be the marked controlled item since you need both to function?

Here is the manual with an exploded view.
http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-Scorpion-EVO-3-A1_en.pdf

EDIT - Looks like the ejection port half is the serialized part.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jarmstrong1029:
I would imagine if CZ is stating that you will be able to apply for form 1 and install the stock, they are aware of 922(r) and have some way to get that part covered.  
View All Quotes

could care less about 922
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By goloud:

What he said.
View All Quotes

What he said.

Way too many logistical pitfalls with assigning a serial number to a pre-order. No one would ever do that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Homeinvader:

Way too many logistical pitfalls with assigning a serial number to a pre-order. No one would ever do that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Homeinvader:

What he said.

You could assign your own serial number to it, you don't have to use the original.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

does it even apply to NFA?  Because you can SBR an Austrian Glock with no problems.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By booger-hooker:
Just watched the video...gotta have this in full auto!  Off to get a LE letter for demo next week.
View Quote

Let me come try it out.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]

does it even apply to NFA?  Because you can SBR an Austrian Glock with no problems.
View All Quotes

I'm pretty sure CZ

A: Doesn't know about 922r

OR
B: Doesn't give a shit cause it won't be their problem.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:21:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolishX] [#24]
yes 922(r) applies to NFA stuff. I know what the letter from BATFE says and what I had to do with a pistol I made into an SBR . ATF changed from there 09 position letter of basically"we dont care" to
the 2011 version of now all SBR's that were originally pistols must comply. They didnt care that I did my pps43 , they assume that you are going to comply with a law when you file a form 1 and make an SBR . its up to you as the
"maker" to comply with all applicable laws. I wont take the risk to not be 922(r) compliant . but thats just me
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok I know very little about 922r as it's always been an AK issue in my mind, and I'm an AR guy. What's the problem?? You guys are assuming they're importing them vs mfg in the US (safe), and that by making it a rifle even an SBR it will be in violation. What parts could we easily change to have the necessary # of US parts?

Do we even know if 922r applies to NFA items? When has someone been charged with a 922r violation, not to mention prosecuted and convicted?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I typed up a letter to the ATF about the Scorpion stock the other day but didn't send it.  Something about poking the bear...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:22:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#27]
I typed up a letter to the ATF about the Scorpion stock the other day but didn't send it.  Something about poking the bear...
View Quote

It's a question that has to be answered.  There are going to be a lot of people building SBR's out of these.  No one wants to end up on the wrong side of the law.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By m6z:

It's a question that has to be answered.  There are going to be a lot of people building SBR's out of these.  No one wants to end up on the wrong side of the law.
View All Quotes

I just dont most people care. I have never heard of a single prosecution and when I have asked actual agents and various LE they have no idea what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I know the guys that build UMP SBR's make sure that they're 922r compliant, so I don't see why the Scorpion wouldn't have to be.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I just dont most people care. I have never heard of a single prosecution and when I have asked actual agents and various LE they have no idea what I am talking about.
View All Quotes

I've talked to several ATF agents with 922 convictions under their belts.  The people who care are the ones with the arbitrary ability to prosecute for violations, and they enjoy partnering with any agency that may already have a case against an individual

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
If it is an issue wouldn't the ATF just deny the application for the SBR?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:38:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Does CZ make anything in the US? Would there be any way to make this 922 compliant if somebody were to SBR this?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
View Quote

Then they wouldn't have people to arrest and prosecute and thus justify their continued funding and departmental existence.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

Then they wouldn't have people to arrest and prosecute and thus justify their continued funding and departmental existence.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

Easy Bubba. How about the ATF simply assumes that the person submitting the form will follow the law. It is actually the builders burden not the ATFs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone will come out shortly with a Sig Brace adapter for the Scorp. And then, the floodgates will open wide.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:
Someone will come out shortly with a Sig Brace adapter for the Scorp. And then, the floodgates will open wide.
View Quote

I might be wrong but I thought one of the press releases made it sound like they already had one or it was in the works.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#37]

I might be wrong but I thought one of the press releases made it sound like they already had one or it was in the works.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:

Yup, CZ already announced the brace.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Not being able to get the folding stock would be a deal-breaker for me. I'm not a fan of those dumb wrist braces.

I guess I'll have to give the MPX a harder look.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#39]
The brace appears on the gun in Colion Noir's eval video.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Stock will be available, its a pistol so 922r won't count if you SBR, only if it has been and always was a rifle. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know where you can preorder one yet?

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
Stock will be available, its a pistol so 922r won't count if you SBR, only if it has been and always was a rifle. YMMV
View Quote

This is my take on it, but I think i'll wait for clarification.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerz_subbie] [#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThRob:

I did some reading this evening and I'm discouraged that 922r and the letters/rulings regarding it seem to lean towards this being an issue for the Scorpion. I wish they'd say that NFA items are exempt from 922r, that would only make sense, but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe we can get a joyous ruling like with the Sig brace... or is that a once a decade kind of thing?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I did a little research on this today. It sounds like 922r will apply in this case. There are some rulings from the last 10 years that indicate you can ONLY make an SBR from an imported item if you cut down the barrel. If you assemble parts (IE adding a stock) then you will violate 922r if you are using more than 10 imported parts.

The letter I saw posted was on TOS:
Link

Hopefully CZ will offer this in a 16" barrel version that we can cut down.

I agree, not a fan of the brace.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:04:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: benb] [#45]
My only remaining hope is that the ATF gives you a favorable letter RDTCU.

If they do can you post a scan with your name blanked out so we can reference it if we ever have an issue?

Also, can anybody answer my earlier question...Does CZ have any manufacturing in the US? If we could get american made parts then this would not be an issue.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:23:40 AM EDT
[#46]
According to CZ USA the stock will be available for those of us that want to SBR

Took a screen cap of their FB page.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By benb:
My only remaining hope is that the ATF gives you a favorable letter RDTCU.

If they do can you post a scan with your name blanked out so we can reference it if we ever have an issue?

Also, can anybody answer my earlier question...Does CZ have any manufacturing in the US? If we could get american made parts then this would not be an issue.
View Quote

Will do
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Re: 922r

Has anyone who SBR'd a Glock had to comply with 922r? I think it's a better comparison. Maybe they arleady have the required US made parts.

Also, since CZ is actively replying on their FB page, can someone ask the 922r question? I don't travel into that hell hole unless absolutely necessary.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Re: 922r

Has anyone who SBR'd a Glock had to comply with 922r? I think it's a better comparison. Maybe they arleady have the required US made parts.

Also, since CZ is actively replying on their FB page, can someone ask the 922r question? I don't travel into that hell hole unless absolutely necessary.

View Quote

I asked.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#50]
922 (r) blows.

Along with every other anti-gun drivel.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 2 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top