Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAL6]

Looks like the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 pistol will be hitting stores soon.
And it will be offered with SigBrace as well.

Colin Noir review:
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Lanbo's has Magpul 35s fo $15.27 (plus $10 ship and additional tax)
https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=50856

PSA also has the AK-V mags for $14ish.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got in a new Scorpion to replace one I sold a while back. There is quite a bit of slop with the trigger group after its pinned that I don't recall on my previous Scorpion. I can pull it down maybe an 1/8 th of inch or so and then back up flush to the receiver. Anybody else's do this??
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mPisi:

View Quote

Quoting myself to note that Lanbo's is off the hook on shipping speed.  Ordered 11:30AM Sunday, shipped from their Ft Worth warehouse, received in Dallas area 10 AM Monday!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased my first CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 and I'm thinking about doing the HB micro K conversion. I was initially leaning towards an S2, but man, that barrel is small. And right now there is about a $500 difference between the two models so opted for the S1. This way I can swap between lengths and it will be like having two different pistols.

Thoughts on the HB micro K conversion?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CTBEAR:
I just purchased my first CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 and I'm thinking about doing the HB micro K conversion. I was initially leaning towards an S2, but man, that barrel is small. And right now there is about a $500 difference between the two models so opted for the S1. This way I can swap between lengths and it will be like having two different pistols.

View Quote
I got the 3 lug version so I can use the suppressor with it.  HB makes good stuff.  Just make sure you check headspace.  The first one I got would not close on the GO gauge. HB took care of it right away, by sending me a new barrel and a shipping label to send the bad one back to them.
I have not reinstalled the 7" barrel, have not had the need to, I like it small and compact.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know where you can purchase replacement barrel nuts for the scorpion? I buggered mine up pretty good trying to remove it. Let me say I’m not a huge fan of the HBI barrel nut tool.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
I got the 3 lug version so I can use the suppressor with it.  HB makes good stuff.  Just make sure you check headspace.  The first one I got would not close on the GO gauge. HB took care of it right away, by sending me a new barrel and a shipping label to send the bad one back to them.
I have not reinstalled the 7" barrel, have not had the need to, I like it small and compact.
View Quote

The barrel supplier has changed due to that issue, we're happy to report we haven't had a recurrence since changing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered a bunch of Magpul 35 round magazines from this place. With the shipping it was the cheapest of anyone out there and I hit it hard and this is the best price out there, $14.98 per mag, ordered a bunch and they shipped for $9.99. Good price and only likely to climb in price until they disappear because Biden.

https://www.mysmokinguns.com/products/magazines-magpul-mag1013-blk-840815122531-3449
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HTHF:
Just ordered a bunch of Magpul 35 round magazines from this place. With the shipping it was the cheapest of anyone out there and I hit it hard and this is the best price out there, $14.98 per mag, ordered a bunch and they shipped for $9.99. Good price and only likely to climb in price until they disappear because Biden.

https://www.mysmokinguns.com/products/magazines-magpul-mag1013-blk-840815122531-3449
View Quote

Hope you have better luck than i did with the Magpul 35 round mags.

The windowed CZ and the Manicore arms mags run perfect
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:11:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#10]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Originally Posted By HTHF:

What was your issue with the Magpul 35 round magazines?

ETA: I have some Gen 3 CZ 30 rounders but they are nearly double the price of the Magpul.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#11]
Looking for a magazine coupler for Magpul 35 round CZ magazines. Call Magpul and ask them to make them, I have!

In the meantime anyone have these by Fab Defense? Made for the MP5 and was thinking they might work. The stock CZ translucent magazine couplers crack just like the Gen 2 magazines. I was on the phone with CZ today and they said they weren't going to warranty the mag couplers. Really, you will replace the magazine because it cracks and is made from the same shitty plastic but not the couplers? The person I spoke with said they weren't aware of an upgraded mag coupler. FYI the existing mag coupler will not work on the CX Gen 3 windowed magazines.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have the new HBI safeties?  I just put in an order.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
Anyone have the new HBI safeties?  I just put in an order.
View Quote

I have the AK type ones that are GTG
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BikKat:

Actually got a 40 the other day and loaded it up with 40 with the UpLula and it was no different than any other mag. I also unloaded with the MagLula just as easy.

Steve
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BikKat:
Originally Posted By jmreagan:

Nice post and pics for comparison... I like the idea of flat 40 round mags a bit better than 50 round drum mags (although still very cool and makes lib-tards cry), for their ease of throwing in a back pack or a side pack while still keeping the magazine grip hold that is so comfortable. When I saw that 40 round magazine spring fully compressed I said to myself... "That is going to be hard to load/seat".. So that is to be expected. I load my AR 30 round mags to 26 rounds and download double stack pistol mags by 2 to save the spring, feed lips, and for ease of seating when stressed.

Actually got a 40 the other day and loaded it up with 40 with the UpLula and it was no different than any other mag. I also unloaded with the MagLula just as easy.

Steve

Oh the 40 round mags are easy to load just the same... Just a "C" hair harder to seat on a closed bolt... No big deal at all... just a harder palm slap on the base of the magazine base. I'm really liking this 40 Rounder from Prepper-Gun. I only wish I would have ordered 3-4 more...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
I just got in a new Scorpion to replace one I sold a while back. There is quite a bit of slop with the trigger group after its pinned that I don't recall on my previous Scorpion. I can pull it down maybe an 1/8 th of inch or so and then back up flush to the receiver. Anybody else's do this??
View Quote

My new Scorpion does this too. Really makes it feel like a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have a suppressor suggestion for the CZ micro?

I would like it to fit under the stock handguards.  I have zero experience with suppressors and don't know what to expect performance wise.  I reload, so making subsonic rounds is no big deal.

I don't expect hollywood quiet, but is it feasible to make it "naked" ear safe?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone got any pictures of a Holosun 507C mounted on the rail of their scorpion? I’d like to see the height and overall appearance. I have a Burris FF3 with a American Defense QD rail mount on mine at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK-919] [#18]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:
Has anyone got any pictures of a Holosun 507C mounted on the rail of their scorpion? I’d like to see the height and overall appearance. I have a Burris FF3 with a American Defense QD rail mount on mine at the moment.
View Quote

You're in luck, I got one yesterday and put it on.  It cowitnesses with the oem sights, but just barely.  Reticle looks great, and the sight itself looks very well built considering it only cost about $240ish shipped.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know the exact changes to the Pakse sapper handguards?  I have the gen1(?) version with out of spec bottom mlok slots, and it flexes upward when installed.  Other than the mlok slots, what changed?

HBI sent me a new one which hopefully fixes everything. Great company btw.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know the exact changes to the Pakse sapper handguards?  I have the gen1(?) version with out of spec bottom mlok slots, and it flexes upward when installed.  Other than the mlok slots, what changed?

HBI sent me a new one which hopefully fixes everything. Great company btw.
View Quote

I was told by HBI the hg is supposed to flex downward a bit like the OEM one.
I don’t know how they fixed the issue but the bottom mlok slot is the give away to tell Gen1 vs Gen2.

Best CS ever even for me in EU.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

View Quote

Thanks! I just ordered 7 and it was $16 each when I checked out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]

You're in luck, I got one yesterday and put it on.  It cowitnesses with the oem sights, but just barely.  Reticle looks great, and the sight itself looks very well built considering it only cost about $240ish shipped.

https://i.postimg.cc/d13L1L13/IMG-9344.jpg
View Quote

What grip are you using? I'm looking to replace to original one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Steel_Brotherhood:

What grip are you using? I'm looking to replace to original one.
View Quote

It's a Yeti Wurks grip.  It's comfier than the oem, but somewhat boxier.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]

It's a Yeti Wurks grip.  It's comfier than the oem, but somewhat boxier.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#25]

https://i.postimg.cc/d13L1L13/IMG-9344.jpg
View Quote

It looks like it sits lower than I expected. Good price. I haven’t been able to find one below $309.00 before taxes and shipping.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CTBEAR:

View Quote

According to HBI I was the very first person to do the K conversion. In fact I cut my barrel before the handguard was released.

I love my K conversion and have never regretted it. It runs 100% with or without my silencer in place. I'm running a Gemtec Multimount with a 3 lug. I like it because its 300BO subsonic rated and easily goes from the Scorpion to my AR platform 300BO in seconds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

I love my K conversion and have never regretted it.
View Quote

Same here!

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Crap... prolly shoulda done something more 45ish for post 1911... oh well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2014JMS] [#29]
Approved today

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish Magpul would make a shorter but grippy (MOE+) grip for the Evo. I have tried them all and am still not completely satisfied. Most of them are simply too damned big. I'm 6'1, have very average (for a 6'1 guy) hands, and when I grip my Evo grip there's a full inch of grip under my hand. For smaller people I imagine it's even more ridiculous, and the size serves no purpose and makes the gun overly bulky. I've thought about simply chopping the bottom of my Pakse Pathfinder grip...but I do like a little bit of a lip on the 'toe' of a grip, and a chop job wouldn't give me that.  The aftermarket support for the Evo is great, but for some reason it's only great for shop teachers, lumber jacks, carpenters, and gorillas. In the AR world there are a LOT of small grip options. It's weird.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:19:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
I wish Magpul would make a shorter but grippy (MOE+) grip for the Evo. I have tried them all and am still not completely satisfied. Most of them are simply too damned big. I'm 6'1, have very average (for a 6'1 guy) hands, and when I grip my Evo grip there's a full inch of grip under my hand. For smaller people I imagine it's even more ridiculous, and the size serves no purpose and makes the gun overly bulky. I've thought about simply chopping the bottom of my Pakse Pathfinder grip...but I do like a little bit of a lip on the 'toe' of a grip, and a chop job wouldn't give me that.  The aftermarket support for the Evo is great, but for some reason it's only great for shop teachers, lumber jacks, carpenters, and gorillas. In the AR world there are a LOT of small grip options. It's weird.
View Quote

Yeah something like the Sig Rattler grips would be incredible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Look at the new Strike Industries grip. I am running it and really like it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it shorter than a Pakse?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Is it shorter than a Pakse?
View Quote

The Strike Industries grip measures 5". Not sure how it compares to the Pakse in terms of what you are looking for. It is definitely very solid, which was a complaint I heard of the Pakse grip.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triode] [#36]
I just got the back in stock notification for the black folding stock and ordered one.  Been OOS at most places (or over priced where is in stock) for a while:

https://shootingsurplus.com/cz-scorpion-stock/

And OOS about 4 hours later...

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By HTHF:The Strike Industries grip measures 5". Not sure how it compares to the Pakse in terms of what you are looking for. It is definitely very solid, which was a complaint I heard of the Pakse grip.
View Quote

I'm game for trying another grip...if it actually is shorter. 5" measured from where to where?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Lol. I feel the same way about mine. I bought it and sent out the form 1. Shot it months later and realized how much I hated this gun. Took it apart and had the barrel cut to 5.3” and put a 3 lug on it for a dedicated Octane 9.  It’s been sitting in a box in pieces for years now. Uncle Joe got me motivated to finish her up. Just now realizing how much I got in this thing. 🤢 oh well. I’m sure it will grow on me.

Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
2020 was the year of dedicated suppressors so here is the scorpions. Not spending another dime on this POS. Although that Timney drop in trigger is tempting...but it’s hard to justify buying a trigger that cost 1/4 of the entire gun

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/06110EC2-08AD-4DA6-B872-F22E903F3A79_jpe-1691093.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#39]
wait, wat? who 'hates' the Scorpion?! Crazy talk. One of my fav guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Do I need to worry about the barrel nut coming loose under firing when using a pakse handguard?  Hand tight + 1/8-1/4 turn seems like nothing compared to the 10 pounds of threadlocker they dump on it from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#41]
So I have had one baffling day (pun intended) and I am mildly perplexed.

A few months ago while getting my Scorpion ready to Form 1 and 922R compliant - I had a LGS, install the new HBI trigger spring pack.  Thanks to the ammo shortage - I fired 2-3 mags unsuppressed to check for function- everything seemed fine.

Today I went to my LGS where my Griffin Armament Resistance 9 can is being held in jail, to have a supervised range visit.

Initially I shot some Armscor 147 grain subs - first trigger pull - I got what seemed to be a slam fire (2 shots ripped though) then I got a squib load.  

Also discovered that I had a mild baffle strike.  

Switched to PMC 115 grain ball - standard velocity.  I kept getting FTF every couple rounds, some would have a light primer strikes, some would not. No further baffle strikes; occasionally would get the odd 2-3 round burst.  Took suppressor off- and it ran like a champ????  Put suppressor back on - and FTF would ensue.  

I am thinking that the culprit is the lighter HBI trigger springs - and my gut tells me to switch back to factory springs.  As for the subs the LGS dude said that Scorpions dont like 147 grain subs- which I cant quite rationalize, but ok whatever.  

What am I missing here?  The Griffin can is my first suppressor, so knowing that I already out of the gate have had a mild baffle strike, leaves me feeling all sorts of funny inside.  Not to mention the introduction or FTF.

FWIW - I am using a Griffin Tri Lug system.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]
If I had to guess something was installed incorrectly with the trigger.  No idea what it could be though.  As for Scorpions not running subs, that's complete BS.  I've ran 147gr and 150gr Syntech through my Scorpion without any issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
If I had to guess something was installed incorrectly with the trigger.  No idea what it could be though.  As for Scorpions not running subs, that's complete BS.  I've ran 147gr and 150gr Syntech through my Scorpion without any issues.
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking in regards to the subs. With that said - the squid load form that batch of ammo from Armscor doesn't leave me yearning to continue using that- coupled with the mild baffle strike- could very well just be that brand of ammo.  

I am going to go through the trigger tonight or tomorrow, and just see for myself.  I'll report back on my findings after another visit to the range.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I believe somewhere in this thread there is a picture of proper spring orientation from someone who was having the same issues you are describing. If i remember correctly it was a simple fix and was spring orientation related.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
My Scorpions eat everything, and runs fine suppressed (Omega 9K).  I have the HBI trigger spring (installed myself); it is a great upgrade.  There is an optional spacer; your LGS may have left it out or reassembled something in the rest of the pack components incorrectly.  HBI has a Youtube video on the trigger spring install that you can use to verify yours was done right.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jglock53:
I believe somewhere in this thread there is a picture of proper spring orientation from someone who was having the same issues you are describing. If i remember correctly it was a simple fix and was spring orientation related.
View Quote

I did notice that the small washer that goes between the trigger housing and the block lever - was not installed.  I installed that and swapped everything back to factory for now - I will hit the range Monday with my in jail suppressor - and see if I can get a base line from there, and re-introduce the HBI springs at a later date.  

Appreciate the input.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:36:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Loonytik] [#47]
Originally Posted By TateJJ03:

I did notice that the small washer that goes between the trigger housing and the block lever - was not installed.  I installed that and swapped everything back to factory for now - I will hit the range Monday with my in jail suppressor - and see if I can get a base line from there, and re-introduce the HBI springs at a later date.  

Appreciate the input.  

View Quote

Had the same problem with mine. The culprit? I didn't install the spacer with the HBI. Once I did no further issues.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#48]
How are street prices running right now for base S1 pistols?  I've looked at Gunbroker and the main online stores.  Looks like most of the online stores with prices listed under $900 are all out of stock.  Gunbroker seems to be $1000 or a bit more, with a couple under.  Is this the correct state of the Scorpion market?  Any ideas about when/if online stores will be getting new inventory at the sub $900 price point?  Please polish up your crystal balls and let me know.

Best price I'm seeing today is about $960 to my dealer for an OD green model (which I'm not excited about).  Add about $80-90 for in-stock FDE or Black.

How do the OD guns look with a black foreend, brace and pistol grip?

The EVO would just be a fun gun for me...I have an MP5 clone, UZI carbine, AR 9mm (in process) and TNW carbine in 9mm & 10mm.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Teddydog:
How are street prices running right now for base S1 pistols?  I've looked at Gunbroker and the main online stores.  Looks like most of the online stores with prices listed under $900 are all out of stock.  Gunbroker seems to be $1000 or a bit more, with a couple under.  Is this the correct state of the Scorpion market?  Any ideas about when/if online stores will be getting new inventory at the sub $900 price point?  Please polish up your crystal balls and let me know.

Best price I'm seeing today is about $960 to my dealer for an OD green model (which I'm not excited about).  Add about $80-90 for in-stock FDE or Black.

How do the OD guns look with a black foreend, brace and pistol grip?

The EVO would just be a fun gun for me...I have an MP5 clone, UZI carbine, AR 9mm (in process) and TNW carbine in 9mm & 10mm.

Rob
View Quote

Why change the foreend?  Just put some index clips on it , it fills the hand nicely.  The only thing that has to get changed out IMO is the safety selector.  The stock one had my thumb knuckle bleeding after 200 rounds.  I put on the mini-AK selector to fix this problem.  Also changed the grip, but this was mainly for looks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#50]

I'm game for trying another grip...if it actually is shorter. 5" measured from where to where?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HTHF:The Strike Industries grip measures 5". Not sure how it compares to the Pakse in terms of what you are looking for. It is definitely very solid, which was a complaint I heard of the Pakse grip.

From the base of the receiver to the bottom of the grip in a straight line.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top