Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAL6]

Looks like the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 pistol will be hitting stores soon.
And it will be offered with SigBrace as well.

Colin Noir review:
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

What is the total length of your Scorpion, including the can?

Also, what’s the length of pull?
View Quote

Scorpion in Bullpup kit : 26 inches

With Hybrid : 33.5 inches

Length of pull: ~16 inches.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Here’s a pic of mine.

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Frens:
found this while looking for something else on Amazon... is this real?  or airsoft?
btw, the licensed airsoft gun uses some real components...like the handguard

https://www.amazon.it/Cesk%C3%A1-Zbrojovka-Tactical-Scorpion-M-Lock/dp/B088HHKLG8/ref=sr_1_41?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=scorpion+evo&qid=1601549601&sr=8-41

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Og6IOZnFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
View Quote

Can't tell weather real or airsoft but it looks like a European aftermarket part.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#4]
Mine. What a fun plinker! Shooters element trigger upgrades, apex grip, short ak style safety, factory folding extension with gearheadworks brace, midwest handguard, Dead Air ghost in Short config attached via key micro.

Edit: Will somebody please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong uploading images?! I got the imgur app, upload it, select share and copy link, then when posting select the "insert image" option and it still doesn't work. So over this picture hosting bullshit....

Edit2: here's a link since I've messed with this stupid  embedding crap for far too long and gotten nowhere.

https://imgur.com/a/12T1oOQ
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Mine. What a fun plinker! Shooters element trigger upgrades, apex grip, short ak style safety, factory folding extension with gearheadworks brace, midwest handguard, Dead Air ghost in Short config attached via key micro.

Edit: Will somebody please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong uploading images?! I got the imgur app, upload it, select share and copy link, then when posting select the "insert image" option and it still doesn't work. So over this picture hosting bullshit....

Edit2: here's a link since I've messed with this stupid  embedding crap for far too long and gotten nowhere.

View Quote

Looks damn good!
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:36:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#6]
Originally Posted By manji:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33932/GYNDS5y-1623989.jpg

Looks damn good!
View Quote

Thank you for the assist (and compliment)! So what am I doing wrong, any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:52:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#7]

Thank you for the assist (and compliment)! So what am I doing wrong, any ideas?
View Quote

Try using postimage.org
Then copy & paste the “direct link” between [img ] and [/img ] or use the image posting tool here on the forum

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone tried the push safety yet?

Love my elftman in my ar.

Wondering how well cz's works.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 6:37:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#9]
Anybody had issues zeroing the iron sight with the Pakse hg?

I ran out of adjustment because I was hittin low.. was still able to zero but it bothers me a bit to be out of elevation..

ETA: I’m using the LPA sights

Also.. to make the day even worse my Evo killed the EoTech 511..

ETA2: the dead Eotech...

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

It looks to me like you are putting your image link in between [url] tags instead of [img] tags.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 1:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavegeo] [#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#12]
Originally Posted By recoiljunky:

It looks to me like you are putting your image link in between [url] tags instead of [img] tags.
View Quote

Yeah, I switched to that so you guys could at least view the picture via a link. When I used the [img] all I got was the little postage stamp looking graphic. I've been switching to desktop view and using the boards image posting option with success since it was pointed out to me.

Anyway, back to those beautiful scorpions!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody had issues zeroing the iron sight with the Pakse hg?

I ran out of adjustment because I was hittin low.. was still able to zero but it bothers me a bit to be out of elevation..

ETA: I’m using the LPA sights

Also.. to make the day even worse my Evo killed the EoTech 511..

ETA2: the dead Eotech...

https://i.postimg.cc/9FMsN23W/IMG-3312.jpg
View Quote

My 15 year old eotech did that last year. I emailed eotech a picture and asked them if there was anything they could do. They gave me 50% any eotech I wanted.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanna see a bullpup config with an 8"-ish bbl and a can. Can't let the micro guys have all the compact fun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#15]

My 15 year old eotech did that last year. I emailed eotech a picture and asked them if there was anything they could do. They gave me 50% any eotech I wanted.
View Quote

Thanks
I’ll try to contact their CS..
Mine was a October 2011 model.

Back to my Pakse issue.. I’ve just noticed either the HG is canted upward or the barrel is pointing downward..
don’t have a square to check the HG at the moment but it looks fine.

The gun has been zeroed perfectly with the OEM hg.. I didn’t even had to adjust the elevation..
I’m wondering if an improper torque on the barrel nut could have made the barrel flex downward...

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]
my handguard cants upward. Make sure you tighten it per the manufacturer specs.  Mine is not on the same plane as the receiver but it sights in fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Thanks

Back to my Pakse issue.. I’ve just noticed either the HG is canted upward or the barrel is pointing downward..

The gun has been zeroed perfectly with the OEM hg.. I didn’t even had to adjust the elevation..
I’m wondering if an improper torque on the barrel nut could have made the barrel flex downward...

https://i.postimg.cc/Vvd5QbRN/22121-FFC-2-BAC-4456-812-F-D2-AC852-AAEDD.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/Vvd5QbRN/22121-FFC-2-BAC-4456-812-F-D2-AC852-AAEDD.jpg

That's the issue. But, not because it's making the barrel flex downward (a 18mm diameter steel tube 8 inches long is much too strong to get bent out of shape by torqueing plastic stuff to it). Instead, the handguard is flexing upwards.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:53:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#18]
Originally Posted By Lay:

That's the issue. But, not because it's making the barrel flex downward (a 18mm diameter steel tube 8 inches long is much too strong to get bent out of shape by torqueing plastic stuff to it). Instead, the handguard is flexing upwards.
View Quote

You’re obviously correct.
That barrel can’t be bent no matter what you do to it.

I’ve Removed the sights and checked the top rails.. it may be hard to see from the pic but the top rails are banana shaped..

I’m in contact with HBI and they’re taking care of the issue even if I’m in EU.. that’s an amazing CS that we can only dream about over here in Europe!

They told me Gen1 Sappers are known to have this issue.. you can tell Gen1 from Gen2 by checking the bottom mlok slots.. if they’re out of spec then you have a Gen1 handguard.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#19]

I’ve Removed the sights and checked the top rails.. it may be hard to see from the pic but the top rails are banana shaped..

I’m in contact with HBI and they’re taking care of the issue even if I’m in EU.. that’s an amazing CS that we can only dream about over here in Europe!

They told me Gen1 Sappers are known to have this issue.. you can tell Gen1 from Gen2 by checking the bottom mlok slots.. if they’re out of spec then you have a Gen1 handguard.

https://i.postimg.cc/qM85dJ02/88-C1-A2-C6-6-A45-4-D25-8108-358100346841.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/qM85dJ02/88-C1-A2-C6-6-A45-4-D25-8108-358100346841.jpg

Awesome to know they're taking care of you, with you being in a different country and all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Joined this club today....in Micro form. No optic yet but, I did do several upgrades I knew I wanted.

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:26:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#21]

Awesome to know they're taking care of you, with you being in a different country and all.
View Quote

They‘ve exceeded my expectations.
EoTech on the other hand... not so much the optic “exceeded its lifecycle”... it’s 9years old LOL

For now I’ll be using a 16years old Ta44

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IamMunneY] [#22]
Finally got my stamp back to complete the 2 stamper...

Integral Ratworx Venom suppressor.

Handload 147gr Subs.

https://i.imgur.com/koYTFqA.mp4   <--- Video
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
Finally got my stamp back to complete the 2 stamper...

Integral Ratworx Venom suppressor.

Handload 147gr Subs.

https://i.imgur.com/DbuG7LN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/koYTFqA.mp4   <--- Video
View Quote

I'm assuming the first stamp is for SBR?   Is that a binary trigger?   I would love to hear full details on your build.   I have the stock micro and wavering on whether to sell it or not, but after seeing that integral Suppressor for $500 I'm considering keeping.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dino:

I'm assuming the first stamp is for SBR?   Is that a binary trigger?   I would love to hear full details on your build.   I have the stock micro and wavering on whether to sell it or not, but after seeing that integral Suppressor for $500 I'm considering keeping.

View Quote

It is a SBR and suppressed yes.  

Build is as follows

Scorpion Evo
True ACR Stock with Dan Haga Adapter
Franklin Armory BFS III
Ratworx Venom Integral Suppresor
PSA 50rd Scorpion/AKV Magazine
HoloSun 510c

The trigger was a pain in the ass to put in, because they locktighted the screw into the receiver and I had to drill it out.  Everything works as well as you'd hope.

The suppressor isn't as good as some of my custom built form 1 stuff but I didnt expect it to be.  I'm still impressed with it because its an all in one package and its cheap

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I just bought a Octane 45 2.0 from SS- it will live mainly on my Scorpion. What do I need to attach the can? It's an early model Scorpion with the 18x1 threads.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 20iner:
I just bought a Octane 45 2.0 from SS- it will live mainly on my Scorpion. What do I need to attach the can? It's an early model Scorpion with the 18x1 threads.
View Quote

See if the 1/2x28 thread adapter from CZ Custom can work
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#27]
SilencerCo still makes their 18x1mm mount for the Octane series.  No reason to spend money on an adapter AND a mount
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#28]
How do I figure out of my Scorpion is 1/2x28 or 18/1?  I have a sico hybrid and want to get and ASR mount for it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Unscrew the flash suppressor and see if you have a set of threads other than the ones that you just unscrewed from, there may be a thread protector over the secondary threads.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#30]
This might interest some. Teardown of the IA-SC9 integral suppressor I've been running on my scorpion after 15 - 16k rounds. Mine is the first generation. There's since been a K version that's a little shorter and shielding which addresses some of the heat issues when used with the HB Industries handguard it's shaped to fit.

Old pic with the Sig minimalist stock I tried for a while.

It's been a blast to shoot. Friends and strangers were really taken by the look and how pleasant it made trigger time. The downside is heat mitigation, or lack thereof, and the amount of work to clean the system. Radiated heat from the barrel/suppressor to the metal handguard is considerable. Even the vertical grip I employed to get around that would become a bit toasty after a few mags. Thermal tape added between handguard and grip was little more than window dressing.

I stuck pretty closely to the recommended cleaning cycle of every 2k rounds. This involves cleaning the core, baffles, barrel shroud or sleeve, and ported barrel. I didn't mind the work, but other suppression solutions are less involved.

Here's the complete setup with handguard removed, from barrel trunnion to tip.

Four primary component parts; baffles, core, barrel sleeve, barrel.  There are 9 baffles numbered 1 from the muzzle to 9 which mates to the barrel sleeve. The hardest, and dirtiest, baffles to separate were consistently 6, 7, and 8.  These pictures are all pre-cleaning and you can see rust that's been developing on the barrel buildup of copper and carbon on the barrel.

Final picture showing the ported barrel blast pattern and carbon build-up inside the sleeve.

Overall, it's been a really fun system and you can't beat 'different is cool' factor. However, I'm retiring it for now. Have a K barrel en route from In Lead We Trust and plan to run it with an old tri-lug suppressor from an MP5 that I have laying around.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#31]
2020 was the year of dedicated suppressors so here is the scorpions. Not spending another dime on this POS. Although that Timney drop in trigger is tempting...but it’s hard to justify buying a trigger that cost 1/4 of the entire gun

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
This might interest some. Teardown of the IA-SC9 integral suppressor I've been running on my scorpion after 15 - 16k rounds. Mine is the first generation. There's since been a K version that's a little shorter and shielding which addresses some of the heat issues when used with the HB Industries handguard it's shaped to fit.

It's been a blast to shoot. Friends and strangers were really taken by the look and how pleasant it made trigger time. The downside is heat mitigation, or lack thereof, and the amount of work to clean the system. Radiated heat from the barrel/suppressor to the metal handguard is considerable. Even the vertical grip I employed to get around that would become a bit toasty after a few mags. Thermal tape added between handguard and grip was little more than window dressing.

Four primary component parts; baffles, core, barrel sleeve, barrel.  There are 9 baffles numbered 1 from the muzzle to 9 which mates to the barrel sleeve. The hardest, and dirtiest, baffles to separate were consistently 6, 7, and 8.  These pictures are all pre-cleaning and you can see rust that's been developing on the barrel buildup of copper and carbon on the barrel.

Overall, it's been a really fun system and you can't beat 'different is cool' factor. However, I'm retiring it for now. Have a K barrel en route from In Lead We Trust and plan to run it with an old tri-lug suppressor from an MP5 that I have laying around.
View Quote
If I was back in the states I probably would have bought this by now. So I hate hearing anything that might talk me out of it once I am back and have the opportunity to get one.

Did you try this heat shield?
I'm guessing the K version would heat up quicker since there's less length?

Can you put the parts in an ultra sonic cleaner or give them a solvent bath or something?
Don't some people say that suppressors work better as they get dirtier? Is that a myth or only true with certain types of suppressors?

Is the sound suppression considerably more than a common detachable suppressor? The videos I've watched definitely make it seem like it's super quiet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I have the opportunity to buy either another ar15 pistol, or a Scorpion.

I can't decide which to get!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
I have the opportunity to buy either another ar15 pistol, or a Scorpion.

I can't decide which to get!
View Quote

If the choice is Scorpion or straight blowback AR9 pistol I think Scorpion is the clear winner, has no buffer tube, has reliable cheap mags, and comes reliable out of the box. In my mind the trigger of the AR9 was the huge advantage over the Scorpion but now that Timney makes a drop in Id take a Scorpion over AR9
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PotatoCannon:

If the choice is Scorpion or straight blowback AR9 pistol I think Scorpion is the clear winner, has no buffer tube, has reliable cheap mags, and comes reliable out of the box. In my mind the trigger of the AR9 was the huge advantage over the Scorpion but now that Timney makes a drop in Id take a Scorpion over AR9
View Quote

No, 10.5 inch 5.56

Yes I know, completely different ammo aspects
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
If I was back in the states I probably would have bought this by now. So I hate hearing anything that might talk me out of it once I am back and have the opportunity to get one.

Did you try this heat shield?
I'm guessing the K version would heat up quicker since there's less length?

Can you put the parts in an ultra sonic cleaner or give them a solvent bath or something?
Don't some people say that suppressors work better as they get dirtier? Is that a myth or only true with certain types of suppressors?

Is the sound suppression considerably more than a common detachable suppressor? The videos I've watched definitely make it seem like it's super quiet.
View Quote

Did not try the heat shield because my handguard is tapered and not square cut.  I did consider having it converted to the K version and obtaining a new handguard from HBI.

I do use a sonic tank for the suppressor parts, and many others, but I don't run a very aggressive product in the tank and there is a fair bit of handwork as a result.

Suppression is terrific.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#37]
If it’s the first pcc go for the Evo.
I used to have mixed feelings about 9mm pcc.. that changed after the first competition with the Evo.. extremely fun & cheap.
Also easy to suppress (for you that can own a can) unlike a 10.5 AR
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Joined the Evo pistol club today! Just good timing, the LGS got one in last night and wasn't letting it slip through my grubby hands.

Taking in all of the customization and accessories, it's mind boggling but that's a great problem to have!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Alembic:
Joined the Evo pistol club today! Just good timing, the LGS got one in last night and wasn't letting it slip through my grubby hands.

Taking in all of the customization and accessories, it's mind boggling but that's a great problem to have!
View Quote

Congrats! They are cool little pistols.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:00:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#40]
The Streamlight Protac fits nicely and added a brace. Can't wait to get the magpul grip and rail covers!

Took off the ugly (IMO) stock mizzle device..Can the thread protectors be run like this? the little indexing tab just barely misses locking in to being tightened fully, can that be rotated slightly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#41]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
2020 was the year of dedicated suppressors so here is the scorpions. Not spending another dime on this POS. Although that Timney drop in trigger is tempting...but it’s hard to justify buying a trigger that cost 1/4 of the entire gun

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/06110EC2-08AD-4DA6-B872-F22E903F3A79_jpe-1691093.JPG
View Quote

That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Alembic:
The Streamlight Protac fits nicely and added a brace. Can't wait to get the magpul grip and rail covers!

Took off the ugly (IMO) stock mizzle device..Can the thread protectors be run like this? the little indexing tab just barely misses locking in to being tightened fully, can that be rotated slightly.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90477/5821183C-7EAD-46CC-9037-4E0230078AC5_jpe-1702594.JPG
View Quote
I like the Manticore flash hider for a muzzle device.  It only has 3 slots in it so you can index it so it won't get all the soot on the flashlight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/06110EC2-08AD-4DA6-B872-F22E903F3A79_jpe-1691093.JPG
View Quote

I didn't know Timney made a trigger for it. I wish I didn't know $$. I did a trigger job on my Scorpion and it smoothed it way out, less creep/staginess and it has a much better break.  I don't recommend this unless you really know what you are doing!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I purchased the Strike Industries grip for my scorpion. The grip angle is as it should be. I would have liked a bit more in the texture department. I might do some stippling. Was the last thing left to be sorted out. Finally right where I want the gun after several years.

That Timney trigger is tempting.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#45]
The Franklin Armory binary trigger is a hoot and a half in my Scorpion Micro.

It was worth the wait but I can bitch about the price if anyone wants to listen.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Does the  PSA AK-V mags fit and work as well as the EVO Specific mags they offered awhile back? The EVO specific mags were great!

PSA has them on sale and wouldn't mind picking up a few more...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:
Does the  PSA AK-V mags fit and work as well as the EVO Specific mags they offered awhile back? The EVO specific mags were great!

PSA has them on sale and wouldn't mind picking up a few more...
View Quote

The AK-V mags work fine, but are a tighter fit and don’t drop free like the Scorpion specific mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:03:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#48]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Out of stock. That didn’t take long.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top