Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:05:08 PM EDT
Have any of you done any extensive reliability tests with your Pistol Caliber Carbines?  I've run 300 rounds through my PCCs(a Beretta CX-4 in 9mm and on Olympic Arms AR in 9mm) at a time.  Neither had any kind of malfunction.  Being former military, it is very hard for me to leave them uncleaned after firing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
This is an awful admission:
I haven't cleaned the barrel of my CX4 in 3 or 4 months.  I've run about 12 mags thru it varying from 15 to 17rds/mag.  Almost always WWB, in 9mm, and even changed the mag release over to my wrong-handedness.  I think the weapon could probably get to 1k before cleaning pretty easily.  If I make any more modifications to the weapon it will be with the SierraPapa trigger and hammer upgrade.  I'll not be messing with that modification :)  It doesn't seem to have any issues with it at all.  Loving that Beretta :)
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My CX4 has had over 500 rounds through it since the last cleaning, a match or two, and getting lent out at the local range. It's not something I am proud of, but on the other hand, it is kind of a test to see how far it can go. That, and I am interested where the soot actually does accumulate.

The only malf was out of a 32 round mag. Beretta 15 rounders and Mec Gar 20's all run perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure how many thousands of rounds have been through my Ruger PC9.
Only problems were feeding problems using crappy ProMags.
Factory and MecGar mags have run fine with just about any kind of 9mm load.

ETA: I'm not exactly meticulous in keeping it clean. I might even skip a cleaning (except for running a boresnake down the barrel) if I know I'll be shooting again in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
A PC9 and a Storm of mine go bang every damn time; mags are OEM or MecGar, up to 20 round.  I keep 'em relatively, but not obsessively, clean and lubed.  I shoot lead from both w/o problems.  Shot cartridges won't run in the Storm but will run in the Ruger.  The Ruger is old-school Ruger; overbuilt to a fault.  The Storm is newage, with non-traditional materials in many places, but none have given problems.  The Storm is more military in concept; easier to clean and maintain.  The Ruger reminds you of a 10-22; harder to clean, but it probably doesn't matter.
Moon
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
People clean their PCC??  

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Halfmoonclip, I am amazed that you found something the CX-4 wouldn't shoot.  I've fired Wolf steel cased 9mm through my Storm with-out a burp.  I never thought of trying 9mm shot-shells!
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Halfmoonclip, I am amazed that you found something the CX-4 wouldn't shoot.  I've fired Wolf steel cased 9mm through my Storm with-out a burp.  I never thought of trying 9mm shot-shells!

I sometimes take it as a camping gun,so the shotshells would be useful.  The casings don't always clear the e-port.
Otherwise it's been 100%, including lead reloads.  Shoots straighter than the road to hell, too.
Moon
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had 9mm ar's that choked, 100% of the time it was magwell height in a franken build - easy fix

Never had a cx4, sub-2k, pc-9, usc/ump fail.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
MY UZI, PS90, and MP5 run great, never a hiccup unless I am running low power ammunition like wolf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top