Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:37:19 PM EDT
I am interested to know what roll your PCC plays in your Armory/Arsenal/Collection. I hear some say that PCCs have no real world application and are limited to plinking. What's your perceived role/use?

Poll inbound
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My sub 2K is a great gun.   Anyone that thinks it's useless is a fool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
and even though I prefer a rifle-caliber carbine for HD, I'd take a PCC before a shotgun or handgun in that role if I had to.  YMMV.

For me it's mostly a plinker, but I wholeheartedly agree with the statement above.
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 5:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I love taking it to the range! I usually shoot the AR for a while and then switch to my CX4.
It is really a fun carbine that is a lot cheaper to shoot than 5.56 and way more fun than shooting my .22
I would use it for home defense if I had to, but I really like my KISS that I keep by the bed for that!

HAPPY SHOOTING!
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is really a fun carbine that is a lot cheaper to shoot than 5.56 and way more fun than shooting my .22

Exactly. I thought I had staved off my desire for a PCC when I got my .22 AR conversion. I thought that between shooting 5.56 and .22 in my ARs I would have no need or desire to bother with a shoulder fired 9mm. I was wrong. I absolutely love shooting my CX4.

I too think it would make a terrific bedside gun.
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
One option you did not put was to shoot in the occasional carbine match, whether pistol-calibers only, or those where the range is short enough that a pistol caliber is viable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One option you did not put was to shoot in the occasional carbine match, whether pistol-calibers only, or those where the range is short enough that a pistol caliber is viable.

This would have been my vote.

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This would have been my vote.

I did over look competition, my bad.

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Since I don't have my 6.8 middy built yet, my Beretta CX4 is a 21rd 9mm JHP launching Aimpoint equipped HD weapon equipped with a decently bright TLR-1 (135L) and battery storage in the Tango Stubby grip.  I've got plans to do ballistics test with it thru water jugs to recover the expanded hollowpoints in Federal Hydrashok, Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester JHPs ($20/50 for the heck of it).  That gun will be used in 50yd and closer shots, where my 6.8 will be my future home defender as soon as i can afford the barrel for it.  then, stamps, shorter barrels, and these things called cans....

Long range work will be done by this thing I call Grendel :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#10]
When I was farming, my UZI carbine was my preferred "skunk gun" inside the tight confines of a tractor cab.  Now that I'm out of the farming gig, I still have that UZI and now I also have my Wiselite Sterling.  Both are fun range guns but they will likely never see any more use than that.  In a SHTF scenario, there are more powerful shoulder weapons that weigh less and provide better ballistics and range.  For HD, might not look too good "using a machine gun" to shoot the  maggot poor underprivileged chemically dependent person and here a shotgun is what I prefer anyways.  What I could see them being able to do in a defensive situation is that they provide accurate fire out to 200m for people that are very sensitive to recoil and more importantly, muzzle blast.  But other than that, I accept my PCCs for what they are, great fun at the range. :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When I was farming, my UZI carbine was my preferred "skunk gun" inside the tight confines of a tractor cab.  Now that I'm out of the farming gig, I still have that UZI and now I also have my Wiselite Sterling.  Both are fun range guns but they will likely never see any more use than that.  In a SHTF scenario, there are more powerful shoulder weapons that weigh less and provide better ballistics and range.  For HD, might not look too good "using a machine gun" to shoot the  maggot poor underprivileged chemically dependent person and here a shotgun is what I prefer anyways.  What I could see them being able to do in a defensive situation is that they provide accurate fire out to 200m for people that are very sensitive to recoil and more importantly, muzzle blast.  But other than that, I accept my PCCs for what they are, great fun at the range. :)

In a SHTF situation, wouldn't you think that pistol calibers will be more readily available than rifle calibers.   That could be a strength to the PCC in a SHTF situation although I would have both a PCC and RCC(Rifle caliber carbine).

I would want a PCC or a pistol in a SHTF situation as a pistol is going to make it hard to hit out past 75m.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
my lady uses my marlin 357 as her go to long gun.  shes getting a companion ruger sp101 for xmas
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I have, from time to time, used my .45 Colt Rossi Puma for home defense. Oops wrong forum, I should have posted that in leverguns.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a SHTF situation, wouldn't you think that pistol calibers will be more readily available than rifle calibers.  

Not really.  When we rolled out o the wire in Afghanistan, we were carrying 210 rounds of 5.56mm per person, an additional 960 rounds 5.56mm in mags per rig and the rig with the 249 gunner in was an additional source of 5.56mm ammo.  9mm we carried in our M9s or the agent's M11 was limited to 30 or 45 rounds per person for our guys and 26 to 39 rounds for the agents.  This was the typical combat load.  Now which ammo do you think would be easier to come across in a SHTF situation?
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#15]
If you go back to a time when in the US everybody relied on their guns to survive, defense, and food, old west days, they used a rifle and pistol that used the same round a whole lot. Only one ammo to deal with, and only one round to carry. Worked for them........
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Colt 9mm Carbine = great companion to my 9mm Glocks
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#17]
HK USC/ GG conversion, great partner for my HK USP tactical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top