Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2020 10:18:20 PM EDT
Next gun will be a lever action. Will be putting a holographic sight on it because yolo ftw.

I’m leaning toward 44 mag. This will be nice as I reload. I’m only seeing 2 options for that caliber? Rossi and Henry...
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at one also but I want a 30-30 to back up
the AR and shotgun.  I have had two over the years
both were Marlins in 30-30.  Also when this latest
ammo run started there was 30-30 on the shelves.  
I heard very good things about Henry rifles.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at one also but I want a 30-30 to back up
the AR and shotgun.  I have had two over the years
both were Marlins in 30-30.  Also when this latest
ammo run started there was 30-30 on the shelves.  
I heard very good things about Henry rifles.
Good luck.
View Quote

I've got a pretty good mix of Marlins, Winchesters, and a Henry BTH Original. The Henry quality is absolutely first class. I've handled several others made by henry, but never purchased one because I have pretty much equivalent guns made by Marlin. I've found the quality to be very good on all the Henry rifles. Plus, they are completely made in America from parts sourced here.

Marlins were spotty for a while but the new ones seem to be back on track. Winchesters suffered the same fate but the new ones made by Miroku seem pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The current Winchester/Miroku 92's are available in .44 Magnum. Chiappa also has a .44 1892 clone. But you wont find better fit and finish than a current manufactured levergun than a Miroku. The internals don't need polishing to get them slicked up as it's already done from the factory. About the only thing I mess with on a new one is the sights simply because I dont like brass bead sights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Marlin, Rossi, and Henry are the commonly available ones in 44.  

Can't mount a red dot on top of receiver of an 1892(ie Rossi).  
Henry brass receiver guns are heavy and all Henry 44 are tube loading unless you get the "X".
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't mount a red dot on top of receiver of an 1892
View Quote

Turnbull sells a reciever mount for the 92. And there are other mounts that mount between the reciever and the rear sight dovetail for 92's and other top eject guns.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The Rossi models are actually nice guns for the money. I have one in stainles/.357 and love it. It is a blast to shoot,especially with .38 loads and the action from the factory is actually quite nice. I was amazed how accurate it is as well. There are a few places  that sell a rail to mount where the rear sight is without any mods to the gun, so you can opt for an optic - red dot,scope,etc..

I also have a little .22 lr Henry,newer model, and overall it is prettier than the Rossi. The wood is more refined/richer but the tube feed on a .44 is odd. I am not knocking it mind you, as Henry is making rifles with a side loading gate. The benefit of the tube feed is perfect for when/if you need to change out the spring on your rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top