Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:19:40 AM EDT
Please excuse my wishy-washiness (new word), but I'm trying to decide what to do... recently, i picked up a beeeeee-yoo-tee-ful Winchester Model 94 30-30. It has no sling and, tbh, not sure I want one. However, I *do* plan on using it for my deer tag this coming fall. I was wondering if anyone tried one of those slip on type slings, meaning they slide onto the buttstock so you can take them off. I am not sure if i want to go thru drilling and tapping it out for a sling but I know that I'll want something when I take it out later this year.

Any suggestions from others that possibly were/are in the same position? I guess it wouldn't take too much to get a sling mount kit and drill it all our, but it is an older rifle and I am simply hesitant to change it after it has made it all these years.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Lever gun leather Kind of pricey but they do exactly what you described.
ETA ...or you could get a band swivel that you slide onto the magazine tube. That plus any generic lace up buttstock cover and some fiddling with the ties, though not pretty, could serve decently.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
This is better than I had hoped for! I sent them an email requesting a quote. Also, I have a Winchester Model 9422, which is the exact gun as the 30-30, but in 22 LR. It is actually slightly smaller, but essentially the same gun. I requested one of these for both guns. I also liked the leather cover for the lever also, way cool!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]
One for show and weddings? I'm not even sure what that means, ha! I'm buying one of the suggested levergun buttstock slings, they are nice, although I *do* like the quake shotgun sling though....
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
This begs the question.... do you take your rifle to weddings??? LOL I, uh, have my CCW, but that's don't ask, don't tell. But my 30-30, that's quite another story!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top