Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2021 8:44:32 PM EDT
I'm new to ALL OF THIS.
I want a camera system, don't know what brands to look for...Right now I have wyze cameras, and not sure if wifi is the way to go?
Please if someone can point me in the right direction to help, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What..nobody has a idea of a good bundle I can pick up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to provide details as to what you are looking for in a camera system. e.g. cloud based or local DVR? 1080p? how many cameras? Wired/wireless? indoor/outdoor? push alert notifications? two-way audio?

You have essentially stepped in here asking what vehicle is best? Answering the questions above will get you started.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to provide details as to what you are looking for in a camera system. e.g. cloud based or local DVR? 1080p? how many cameras? Wired/wireless? indoor/outdoor? push alert notifications? two-way audio?

You have essentially stepped in here asking what vehicle is best? Answering the questions above will get you started.
View Quote

THANK YOU.
Wired I'd think is better, no? I have some wyze cameras and they are ok for what they are. But go out do to the wifi.
I want these cameras to be outside. Thinking 5 or so...cameras, like I said..Im new to this stuff. Monitor at the house..and would be great to catch everything from my phone when I'm not at home. Not sure how it all will work out.
Is this enough to give ya a idea?

Thanks again.
@WVUSIG
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Reolink system a few months ago when it went on sale through Amazon.  Less than $450 and it came with 4 cameras and an 8 channel NVR with a 2T hard drive.  Install took a while since I ran all the cables through the attic and down an interior wall to the NVR.  Nightvision is pretty good and I have the app on my work computer as well as my cell phone.  Motion detection on it is very sensitive and you can block out areas you don't want it triggered by.  

Here is what I ordered.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Went with Blink. I like them for what they are (Good Resolution, Night Vision, 2-way Audio). My big curiosity is battery life. It claims up to two years for a set of batteries, but I have a feeling that is highly optimistic.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys...Im willing to spend some money..not sure how much I can for about a 1k.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Check this site out.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-camera-system/N-h4qcu7?Nrpp=87&No=0
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure really what's great and ok.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in the same boat about camera systems a few months ago.
Nearly bought an Amcrest POE system.

But in the end decided to do DIY with ebay PC, Blue Iris and POE cameras.

Try your hardest to NOT use wifi or battery cameras. Wifi can be unreliable when needed and batteries, well they suck for anything meaningful.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Hard wired OP.

WiFi is a weak link.  Unreliable.  

Wired is what you need.  
4K resolution I believe is what you’re after.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
What's a decent brand for a wired camera system?  Something with an app for viewing and cloud storage if possible.  

I am monitoring a shipping container at a remote location with a two setups.  The container has a solar setup with battery bank and an LTE modem/router.  I have an Amazon purchased Zosi DVR system with 4 hardwired cameras that is powered by solar and hardwired to the LTE modem.  I also have a Blink setup with a couple of their outdoor battery powered wifi cameras.   Honestly, I much prefer the Blink setup due to ease of use and monitoring.  The Zosi system is straight from China and all interfaces are cumbersome to use.  

Both of these screenshots were taken a little bit ago.  
Zosi first.

Next is the Blink.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m about to do the same and I am researching.  

A lot of it depends on how much effort you want to invest, then followed by dollars.  

You can get the high end cameras, build yourself a Windows 10 server to collect the video.  Infinitely programmable and you’ll get it exactly how you want it.  Another pro is you potentially can avoid Chinese made equipment.  

Get a boxed unit.  This is where I am.  Of the boxed units that I’ve been looking at, the Reolink ones are coming up more often as the recommended brand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top