Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 1:47:47 PM EDT
Preferably not electronic and small enough to fit in the nightstand's drawer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably looking for something like this:

Original pistol box

This is the one I got:  Auto Pistol Box  I have it mounted on top of my nightstand for easier (quicker) access if the need arises.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
For sure get one with a Simplex lock and not electronic.

Amsec, Fort Knox, and there are others. I have some awesome ones but the company is out of business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For sure get one with a Simplex lock and not electronic.

Amsec, Fort Knox, and there are others. I have some awesome ones but the company is out of business.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
What about V Line?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, that is good.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Fort Knox with simplex lock system and craftsmanship if top notch. They are little more expensive but he steel is very heavy 10 gauge with 3/16" full wrapped over hinges door, powder coated, hydraulic strut to help open and close it. The safe holds my Ccw weapons, 5-6 sometimes depending on arrangement . It now has a 3" 1911, Two Glocks 19 and 27, wife's shield plus three of four mags for etc weapon.  This is where I grabbed mine from and not sure if it's a site sponsor so I'll leave link cold so you have to copy and paste it. Cheapest place I found them at   http://www.deansafe.com/ftk-pb.html?gclid=CJDEzMXdkcECFajm7AodoV8Axg

This is picture of mine with tape measure diagonal but I lay a couple pistols in bottom then layer of foam and more used pistols on top.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a safe from Fas1 Safe company based out of San Antonio.  They are built like a TANK.  I had a 5 week wait but communication with them with updates was excellent.  Made in Texas, check them out.  I looked at the Fort Knox safes as well and they are also top notch.

http://www.fas1safe.com

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have the FAS-1 safe.  I have had the opportunity to compare with others like the Gunvaults and Titan. The FAS-1 has 7-gauge steel and a Simplex lock.  It definitely feels heavier duty than the others I've seen.  Unfortunately I don't think it will work well inside a typical nightstand drawer, unless it's a really deep drawer.  I'd probably one of the Fort Knox safes because of the form factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top