Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:37:51 PM EDT
So my brain is officially scrambled, my eyes are blood shot and my mouse is dead from clicking through endless websites as to what kind of safe to buy.  So I am reaching out for help, advice, and your opinions in my quest for the best safe for my situation.  I am looking in the 20 gun storage range.  Something with a fire rating of an hour +.  Preferably something with an electrical outlet. Price is not a huge concern. I am a believer in spend the extra money to buy it once instead of buying it three times because it was cheap and you get, what you pay for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the faq thread on safes, then let us know what level of burglary resistance you'd like to have, what options you're looking for interior/exterior wise, and what your budget constraint is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sturdy Safe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It really depends on what you want to spend relative to what (value) you want to protect.  Sturdy offers very good value, upper end models from Liberty or Ft Knox are options, an AMSEC TL-15 will get you a nice but expensive "real" gun safe. Brown safe or Graffunder would also be nice but expensive options. If you have a dollar number in mind for a budget you are likely to receive specific recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Read the faq thread on safes, then let us know what level of burglary resistance you'd like to have, what options you're looking for interior/exterior wise, and what your budget constraint is.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Kind of new to the forum, where do I find the FAQ section?  Looked around but no luck.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Kind of new to the forum, where do I find the FAQ section?  Looked around but no luck.  

Tacked with a red tack, right above your original post,

An Informative Thread: Most frequently asked gun safe questions and answers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tacked with a red tack, right above your original post,

An Informative Thread: Most frequently asked gun safe questions and answers.

Got it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sturdy Safe.

yep
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so I think this should cover most of my wishes:

After reading the FAQ thread:
I now realize I need to keep the maximum exterior width at 26" so I can put it in my home office.
Fire rate should be an hour or at least a minimum of 30 mins.
Currently I have 5 long guns and 3 handguns, BUT I admit I have a gun addiction and it will grow. Lol so I would like it to be 16+ for longs.
Content value is tough - it will just be guns nothing else. I guess B or C.
Mechanical lock
Interior fabric and door organizer if possible
And an electrical outlet for lighting that I could put in and or a dehumidifier if needed.
I like the configuration inside with longs on one side and shelfs on the other but not set in stone.  
And finally price.  Although I don't feel the need to spend $10,000 on a safe (maybe I'm wrong) I am open and have no real budget.  The bigger bang for my buck means more guns to fill the safe!!!  

Thanks again everybody.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top