Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:53:10 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Not pretty, but it works. I think that there was a tolerance stacking issue on my brace/adapter. The rods were dragging on the adapter even without it being on a receiver. I relieved them a bit, as well as the lug on the brace's attachment. It was causing the brace to sit too low on the adapter, but fine on my regular MCX.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
you should have at least got the stealth Anderson lower I hate that logo
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
why though?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why though?
View Quote
I have two MCX uppers, and my MCX lower is a SBR. I wanted the ability to use them as "pistols" to various reasons.

ETA: yeah, to clarify, I dremeled the shit out of the buffer tube ring on the receiver so the brace rods would clear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you throw some pictures up of what you dremeled? I have the opposite issue, my conversion is on the sbrd ar lower. I’d like to have the option of using the collapsible stock but a little hesitant on taking material off the lower.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you throw some pictures up of what you dremeled? I have the opposite issue, my conversion is on the sbrd ar lower. I'd like to have the option of using the collapsible stock but a little hesitant on taking material off the lower.
View Quote
With as good as the braces are, and as cheap as Anderson lowers are, I wouldn't cut into your lower. I did a quick and dirty job, I could have been a bit neater if I wasn't in a "cut to size, file to fit, paint to match" mood. I don't think that enough material was removed to compromise the strength, but I wouldn't risk it on a stamped lower. Just build up a pistol lower.

And here's an idea that I would love to finance, but I don't have the knowledge to do myself: 80% MCX lowers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
80% mcxs would be the bees knees for sure. Thanks for your info!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/4049489B-5BD3-42FD-A852-F3623AA914C0-642345.JPG

Not pretty, but it works. I think that there was a tolerance stacking issue on my brace/adapter. The rods were dragging on the adapter even without it being on a receiver. I relieved them a bit, as well as the lug on the brace's attachment. It was causing the brace to sit too low on the adapter, but fine on my regular MCX.
View Quote
That looks like a great job. Way to go.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Mutilation photo.

Attachment Attached File

I could clean it up some more to make it look better, and reapply the alumablack, but I'm okay with it for right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
That actually doesn’t look bad at all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top