Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2016 12:34:27 AM EDT
Ok guys, took my MPX out to a local indoor range to sight in my iirons and my Aimpoint T1 and had some problems.  I've got the front sight bottomed out and am still 2 inches low.  Have the same problem with my Aimpoint T1.  Any ideas on what the problem might be?  I'm running Magpul mbus pros and a T1 in Larue LT 751 mount.  Ammunition was Winchester Ranger 147gr fmj.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What distance are you sighting in?

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Was at an indoor range and could only do 25 yards for now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you post a pic of your setup?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
How do those magpul sights compare to the stock sig sights in terms of height?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do those magpul sights compare to the stock sig sights in terms of height?
View Quote

Same height.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm out of ideas. I'd expect it to be low at 10 yds if you were zeroing to 25 or so.
2"' low at 25 with aimpoint adjusted all the way is odd.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
The stock sights are NOT the same height. Much shorter than standard AR sights. If you want to use standard AR sights you have to replace your front sight post with one much shorter or you take your demel and shorten it yourself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I measured stock mpx vs my mbus pro and they were within 1mm of each other.  Now the T1.....do I need a lower mount?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I measured stock mpx vs my mbus pro and they were within 1mm of each other.  Now the T1.....do I need a lower mount?
View Quote

No you shouldn't need one at all. Sounds like a gun problem, not and optic/sights problem.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:40:53 AM EDT
[#11]
What could cause this problem?  I found that a buddy of mine with a 16" Mpx carbine is having similar issues.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What could cause this problem?  I found that a buddy of mine with a 16" Mpx carbine is having similar issues.
View Quote

I would try uninstalling the barrel and reinstalling it to see it that fixes it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Disassembled the MPX and then reassembled it and went to the range today.  Still shooting low at 25yds with the front sight and T1 adjusted as far as they will go.......  Anyone have any other ideas?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Disassembled the MPX and then reassembled it and went to the range today.  Still shooting low at 25yds with the front sight and T1 adjusted as far as they will go.......  Anyone have any other ideas?
View Quote

Ditch the irons; you've got a T-1 (uber tough & reliable). I'm running a T-2 with no irons.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
T1 won't adjust far enough to zero either....
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
T1 won't adjust far enough to zero either....
View Quote

Oh....uh.....well....that is a tough one. My T-2 is in a LT-660HK mount and I've only got it roughly sighted in so far at 25yrds. Plan to sight it in at 50yrds. I'll report back if I have similar problems when I do.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, I figured it out.  I'm running mbus pro sights and when mounted on the rail with the factory Sig sights they are taller...that would explain the issue.  I'm running an LT751 mount which is why my Aimpoint won't sight in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok, I figured it out.  I'm running mbus pro sights and when mounted on the rail with the factory Sig sights they are taller...that would explain the issue.  I'm running an LT751 mount which is why my Aimpoint won't sight in.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure others are using the same T-1/mount combo as you though and not having the same problem (???)
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure others are using the same T-1/mount combo as you though and not having the same problem (???)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I've even seen multiple lower 1/3 co-witness zeroed on MPX's. No reason an absolute should not be able to zero. That would be a MAJOR design flaw if the majority of the mount market was unusable on the MPX.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I was planning to buy a T2 in a 100% co-witness LaRue once my stamp comes in on 8" MPX

Is this still a good choice...?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I was planning to buy a T2 in a 100% co-witness LaRue once my stamp comes in on 8" MPX

Is this still a good choice...?
View Quote
It's still a good choice.  I put an MRO absolute on mine and it works great.

I like the expanded FOV on the MRO
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Which is taller the LT751 or the LT660HK?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know how the troy micro BUIS do on the mpx?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which is taller the LT751 or the LT660HK?
View Quote

The LT660HK is shorter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
You might want to check your muzzle crown and make sure your optic mount is tight.  You should not have issues sighting in the RDS.

Also check to make sure other accessories aren't to blame.  A buddy had a similar problem recently.  It turned out that his 45 degree offset irons were touching his scope mount base when he torqued them down.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]
You have to compensate for the offset of the iron sight in correlation to the muzzle. At 25 yds and in you have to hold high by 2". Same with an AR usually from 0- about 15 yds. I have the mpx carbine and sighted in with the factory irons at 25 yds and when I hold 2" high I'm dead on. That's with the front sight bottomed out. As far as your aimpoint goes I can't comment because I'm not running an optic on mine yet. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Way to low. I just mounted a set on mine. With a fortis absolute mount the micros were barely visible through my T-1. The stock sig irons are just a bit below absolute with my setup.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Way to low. I just mounted a set on mine. With a fortis absolute mount the micros were barely visible through my T-1. The stock sig irons are just a bit below absolute with my setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well of course they won't work well with the absolute mount.  They should be the same height as any of the low mounts though.

I think it might depend on what stock you have also.  I am using the thin folding stock and the factory irons feel too high.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I tried 3 different ADM mounts before deciding on the Fortis. This is with the sig stock sights. ADM standard height to low. ADM SOCOM height to high ADM absolute co-witness perfect. Stock sights right below absolute.. I took the T-1 right off the my AR no sighting in. Shoots minute of golf ball at 25-30 yards.

Quoted:
Well of course they won't work well with the absolute mount.  They should be the same height as any of the low mounts though.

I think it might depend on what stock you have also.  I am using the thin folding stock and the factory irons feel too high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top