Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2020 6:37:27 PM EDT
As a LLC if I decide not to renew my SOT next summer what would happen to the inventory I have in stock?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mgs sold to another sot or destroyed everything you can transfer to yourself or sell it to me.
View Quote

As long as the LLC doesn't dissolve, it can retain ownership of the transferrable items, including suppressors.  If the LLC is dissolved, then they would need to be transferred out and the transfer taxes paid.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As a LLC if I decide not to renew my SOT next summer what would happen to the inventory I have in stock?
View Quote

The LLC continues to own them, but any Post-Sample Machine guns must be sold or destroyed. Good idea to start this process in early 2021 so as not to get jammed up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: Good idea to start this process in early 2021 so as not to get jammed up.
View Quote
Hopefully not ...
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Ill probably just start the process of transferring them into my name.  It will probably be easier to do that than to let them go on the LLC.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ill probably just start the process of transferring them into my name.  It will probably be easier to do that than to let them go on the LLC.
View Quote
What does it cost you to maintain your LLC in Missouri?  Costs me $25 per year here in MI.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing that I'm aware of.  My accountant takes care of all that stuff for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top