Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2020 1:37:15 PM EDT
So, question.
Guy just called me, Mutual friend. Lets call him Nick

Nicks dad got him a rifle from a friend of mine, lets call him Tony.
Tony gave nick the rifle ( I guess Dad paid for it). Nick has possession of the rifle.
Nick realizes it needs to be transferred to him.

Probably not legit for Nick to bring the rifle in, and have me do paperwork, 4473, background, etc (on Nick), without tony actually handing me the rifle, correct?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I would touch it myself.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, question.
Guy just called me, Mutual friend. Lets call him Nick

Nicks dad got him a rifle from a friend of mine, lets call him Tony.
Tony gave nick the rifle ( I guess Dad paid for it). Nick has possession of the rifle.
Nick realizes it needs to be transferred to him.

Probably not legit for Nick to bring the rifle in, and have me do paperwork, 4473, background, etc (on Nick), without tony actually handing me the rifle, correct?
View Quote
Under Federal Law, this is not necessary.

If Colorado requires a paper transfer (UBGC), I suggest you follow Colorado rules.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Called ATF,
Seems that the seller is not required to be present.
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top