Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:20:01 PM EDT
Just curious.  Is it like an instant check?  References?  What are they looking for?  Just wondering as I'm contemplating applying for a FFL.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just curious.  Is it like an instant check?  References?  What are they looking for?  Just wondering as I'm contemplating applying for a FFL.

Thanks.

Just a criminal background check. They don't go talking to your neighbors. If you're not prohibited from owning firearms, then you wouldn't be prohibited from receiving an FFL
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought but I didn't know.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
ATF does an instant background check via NICS, and the FBI does a more thorough background check with the fingerprints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top