Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:05:27 AM EDT
I've submitted for my SOT and have been compiling a list of suppressor manufactures to get set-up with.  Very first one I called was Surfire and was basically laughed at because I don't have a store-front.  Before I waste a bunch of time, does anyone know who is and who isn't "kitchen table" friendly?
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Nearly every one except the first one you called.   I met with Surefire at SHOT and they are not what I would call a customer focused organization.   If you want to be treated like your money and your customers matter, try SWR Mfg. and Yankee Hill to name two.   Thompson Machine is also excellent.    Those are the three we deal with (primarily.)
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
SureFire requires a large amount of money to become a dealer. We checked one time, but I don't remember the exact amount. If you have a customer who wants a SureFire go thru Major Malfunctions. He is great to deal with.

I agree with 1911roben, other than SureFire, just about all other manufacturers will be happy to deal with you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I called was Surfire and was basically laughed at

I see nothing has changed over the years. Fortunately their product is mediocre and over priced, with little demand.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll find that the guys at YHM will repeatedly go out of their way to take care of even the smallest customer.  SWR and AWC are also pretty good.  Gem-Tech is usually pretty good, but I've seen them screw up an order or two, especially when your shop name is similiar to that of another Gem-Tech customer.  I haven't dealt with AAC since their buy-out by Cerberus, or much since they changed their way of dealing with dealer customers befroe the buy-out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a kitchen table SOT, but I have had great customer service from Gemtech and Elite Iron.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a small time 07/02 myself.

I'm aslo a dealer for several companies. I went to the Silencer Shoot outside of Memphis and picked up Major Malfunction, AAC and Innovative Arms.

Other companys that are good to go. just send them your FFL and SOT...

AAC
AWC
Gemtech
Liberty
Huntertown Arms
SilencerCo
Tactical Innovations
Innovative Arms
Coastal
Thompson Machine
Yankee Hill Machine

One thing about I can say about SureFire.
They are a bunch of idiots. They were there at the Silencer Shoot and they wouldnt give me the time of day. They all  had the social skills of a damn Yankee and they arent smart enough to realize that the industry is changing and because of their old school ways they will be left behind. The mom and pop shops are killing them with better products at cheaper prices. All I wanted to do was sell their cans, and now I steer everyone that I can away from them...and I'm not the only one. I talked to several dealers, one that does over 100Ka year in suppressors and they felt the same way. Store fronts arent whats selling cans, independents are kicking their asses because they dont have the overhead that they do.

So, its their loss.

The ones I listed are all great to deal with.

The guys at SilencerCo were a hoot. I ate with them at a barbecue place called Rendevous in Memphis and they even picked up the bill. Great bunch to hang out with.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One thing about I can say about SureFire.
They are a bunch of idiots. They were there at the Silencer Shoot and they wouldnt give me the time of day. They all  had the social skills of a damn Yankee and they arent smart enough to realize that the industry is changing and because of their old school ways they will be left behind. The mom and pop shops are killing them with better products at cheaper prices. All I wanted to do was sell their cans, and now I steer everyone that I can away from them...and I'm not the only one. I talked to several dealers, one that does over 100Ka year in suppressors and they felt the same way. Store fronts arent whats selling cans, independents are kicking their asses because they dont have the overhead that they do.

So, its their loss.

Exactly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top