Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2022 1:50:41 PM EDT
I have a Tavor . I purchased a Mepro 21 for it. You know to keep it closer to Israeli yada yada … I hate this Mepro 21. The washout is very unusable.  I know it’s not a long range optic. Couldn’t if it tried. But I was shooting at 100 yards in bright sunlight under a covered bench . Nasty. I actually bought the amplifier for it thinking that’s the solution. NOPE.  The idea is great. No batteries  like an Acog. I guess I’ll get a AimPoint pro for it.  I had the honey comb sunshade on it. Had to take it off . Made it slightly better. I wanted to like it. We are breaking up. Going our separate ways. WarDawg Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it’s a turd. I had the same issue shooting my IDF SAR in sun from shade, sold it.

Don’t worry, 2 or 3 members will be along shortly to tell us we’re wrong and the M21 is their favorite.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report
I just purchased my x95 today.
And for a moment considered this optic; not any more.
I am thinking: Primary Arms SLx 3X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Raptor.
Open to feed back….
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It won't be me.  I bought an M21 for my first Tavor and was NOT happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
In the same boat. Bought one, sold it. Put a Aimpoint Comp M4 on it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You probably like it a lot better if you were getting kickbacks from mepro for choosing to put their optic on your rifle
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the M21 and like it but not in love with it. In the sun or direct light it’s great. I get why Israel uses. I may switch mine out on my Sar to a Primary Arms GLx 2x. I have one of those too and really like it. It’s like the mini Acog.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an M21 on my Tavor SAR and like you, experienced the same issues so I sold both the optic and the SAR and purchased an X95 with the Mepro RDS Pro. Long story short I wound up going through two RDS Pro's (due to QC issues) and a Vortex UH1 (Nice optic but didn't work out to well with my astigmatism) and finally ending up with the Trijicon TA50 which currently resides on my X95. If you don't want a magnified optic, take a look at the Sig Romeo 4T (50,000 bat life & a lifetime warranty).
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the Tru-dot RDS on my Tavor:

But I have also been extremely impressed with the older generation Primary Arms ACSS cyclops, and am generally keeping an eye out for those.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a Tavor . I purchased a Mepro 21 for it. You know to keep it closer to Israeli yada yada … I hate this Mepro 21. The washout is very unusable.  I know it’s not a long range optic. Couldn’t if it tried. But I was shooting at 100 yards in bright sunlight under a covered bench . Nasty. I actually bought the amplifier for it thinking that’s the solution. NOPE.  The idea is great. No batteries  like an Acog. I guess I’ll get a AimPoint pro for it.  I had the honey comb sunshade on it. Had to take it off . Made it slightly better. I wanted to like it. We are breaking up. Going our separate ways. WarDawg https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26301/664192CB-35E2-47A5-907C-B214B3BC2B34_jpe-2408360.JPG
View Quote

Get a Mepro RSD pro V2

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:15:39 AM EDT
[#10]
So it's the dark>bright that fails?

I'm about to try out an RMR dual illumination sight on my Tavor. Had an Eotech but I had to jam my face down so much it wasn't easy for a quick shot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I ditched mine also. Tried both a TA31 and TA33, both with RMR's on top. Not a bad setup, but just didn't like how it looked, plus I felt the ACOG's we're better utilized on other guns. Currently running an EOTECH EXPS2-2 and a G33 magnifier and feel it's the best sighting system to fit the Tavor's intent and accuracy potential
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#12]
M21 is fine as long as you get the illumination kit for it.

My vote is also goes to the TRUDOT RDS V2 Pro (mouthful)
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm about to try out an RMR dual illumination sight on my Tavor. Had an Eotech but I had to jam my face down so much it wasn't easy for a quick shot.
View Quote

I have one on my VHS & my Benelli M4. They work well in most conditions but do tend to was out in a dark room looking outside on a sunny day and using a flashlight. If I know I’m going to be running a light or in transitional light I just run the BUIS up on the VHS and M4 turns into a kill window.

Dark room looking out
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
M21 is fine as long as you get the illumination kit for it.

My vote is also goes to the TRUDOT RDS V2 Pro (mouthful)
View Quote
Didn't know these were options/on the market.  Now I know, and will be poorer for it.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like the Tru-dot RDS on my Tavor:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/image-207374.jpg

But I have also been extremely impressed with the older generation Primary Arms ACSS cyclops, and am generally keeping an eye out for those.
View Quote

I did a similar setup to you and like it. The RDS has kept zero for years with being bumped and moved around. The battery lasts quite a while also. I'm not sure of the price right now but they were similar to an Aimpoint PRO whe. I purchased it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a MARS on mine, defo best thing ever..
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

IME one needs an active illuminator on the RMRs also - I got a kit from the REM guy and made up my own custom setup on the PS90.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IME one needs an active illuminator on the RMRs also - I got a kit from the REM guy and made up my own custom setup on the PS90.
View Quote
There’s a rem for the RMR? I’ll have to check that out. I’ve had several rems over the years. Did some T&E on a Acog prototype for him.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There’s a rem for the RMR? I’ll have to check that out. I’ve had several rems over the years. Did some T&E on a Acog prototype for him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I know of - he was willing to make one up custom but I decided to just get the module with the naked LED and used plastic epoxy putty to make my own.  His probably would have been nicer-looking but I didn't want to be without the optic for an indeterminate time.  I'll look and see if I have a photo somewhere.

ETA: photo taken before wire tucked away and cleaned up:
Attachment Attached File

You can’t really see it well but I used the killflash snap-on to mount the bare LED and then backed it with epoxy putty.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Didn't know these were options/on the market.  Now I know, and will be poorer for it.

View Quote

Yup...the Mepro TruDot RDS PRO V2 sights are SOLID (I have two)...OP has slashed the prices on them a good bit plus you get 15% off right now...so you can get a V2 PRO for under $400...which is stupid cheap...

The glass is real glass so it won't have lamination issues like an EOtech...and the glass is crystal clear...so if you are using NVGs...this is the next best thing outside of EOtech...
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup...the Mepro TruDot RDS PRO V2 sights are SOLID (I have two)...OP has slashed the prices on them a good bit plus you get 15% off right now...so you can get a V2 PRO for under $400...which is stupid cheap...

The glass is real glass so it won't have lamination issues like an EOtech...and the glass is crystal clear...so if you are using NVGs...this is the next best thing outside of EOtech...
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Meprolight RDS V2 Pro on Optics Planet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top