Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2022 1:06:49 AM EDT
I’ve handled a Tavor / X95 a time or two, but habe never really field stripped it or broken it down or anything.

How practical of an idea is it to buy an 18” X95
And down the road get the 13”SBR
Conversion kit to go back and forth periodically between the two ?

Is it a 15 minute process or more like an hour plus tools ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’ve handled a Tavor / X95 a time or two, but habe never really field stripped it or broken it down or anything.

How practical of an idea is it to buy an 18” X95
And down the road get the 13”SBR
Conversion kit to go back and forth periodically between the two ?

Is it a 15 minute process or more like an hour plus tools ?
View Quote

It’s literally takes about 5 min. Field strip it , take the grip screw out, unscrew the front 3mm hex bolt & QD mount. Pull the HG, unlock the BBL, pull it out. Stick in the 13” bbl and reverse the process using the short HG,CH & bolt. The only tool you need is a 3mm hex & bbl wrench. Once it’s zeroed as long as you don’t remove the top rail from the bbl it will keep its zero.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang. That’s too bad. I’ll probably have to go down this road then.

Music to my ears.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s pretty easy… right up until you bend the charging handle rod.. $35, or break the barrel lock.. $45. It wasn’t really designed to be done at the soldier level but by the armorer. Not really hard, did it myself in about 15 minutes. But then I am an aircraft mechanic. Just watch the videos and read the manual carefully, and don’t force anything.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s easy just read and check twice on the charging handle I broke one not paying attention.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It is an easy process...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d sell all the 18” parts (along with the spare optic if you keep one permanently mounted to the rail to avoid re-zeroing) and just buy something else. Something that you can actually use instead of parts in a box. Plus, I can’t even fathom wanting it in the 18” configuration when it’s SBRed and 13”. That said, I seem like the oddball in this bunch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top