Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2020 11:01:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any plans to offer the Tavor 7 in 6.5 Creedmoor?  

Aftermarket or OEM doesn't matter.  I'm just curious if there are any actual plans for a barrel swap to this much better caliber.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't say I have heard anything in the works. I remember when IWI was dragging their feet on the .300BO, there was talk of someone exploring the potential of an aftermarket kit for the SAR/X95 in that chambering.

I'm not sure how much it would take to get something like that moving. You might be able to get a limited run from a 3rd party with enough people interested in a special order group buy?
As of right now, the 7 is just too new.

Gotta be honest. I own the SAR, and am anxiously waiting for more options to get the TS12. I just have no desire to add yet another 308 to my collection. However, if IWI decided to offer them in 6.5 out of the box, I'd probably buy one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t heard anything, though I’ve seen lots of people asking. I think you’re going to have to go MDR if you want that. I’d just as soon hold out for a product that doesn’t exist though. I’m behind, I haven’t even picked up my regular 7. I’m glad I waited though, I wanted black but that ODG actually looks gorgeous.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
6.5CR in a non-match rifle...

IWI is unlikely to make that...
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I highly doubt it, especially with a 16.5" barrel. If they ever offer a variant with a longer barrel, then maybe. Isn't that round better suited to longer barrels (20"+) anyway?

I think IWI decides to offer the Tavor 7 with a longer barrel, my bet is that it will be another .308 with an 18.5" barrel with faster 1:10 twist. Something better suited to match ammo. My guess would be an 18.5" barrel because it meets the Canadian barrel length requirement of 470mm (18.5"), which means less production headache.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
6.5CR would make absolutely zero sense...its not designed as a precision hunting gun...that is what the MDR is for...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top