Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2020 3:40:28 PM EDT
I was going through items I had packed away and rediscovered this gem I purchased about 15 years ago from PJ Investments. It is a new factory Steyr chrome lined 24” heavy barrel with bipod. I suspect it is too valuable now to shoot.

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That's probably worth what anyone is willing to pay, being $1500-$2000.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm have been going through items I have collected over the years deciding what to part with do to my age. I purchased a Steyr USR back and 1999 and shot it once and put it away. Later I purchased the 24" heavy barrel. I would imagine shooting the USR with the 24" HB would hurt the value of the 24" HB. It is cool to look at and I thought others on this thread would enjoy seeing it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
wow..... yeah this is amazing...
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I really hope Steyr re-releases that barrel...I’d be fine if it wasn’t chrome lined...
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I pulled the Steyr USR out of the safe. It has not seen light in ages. I found I also have a Steyr NATO scope mount.

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
If ever you're interested in having that USR go to a good home where it will be loved and cared for, send me a message.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
That is really cool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW, that rifle is beautiful
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool barrel.

If you have any interest in selling the scope mount shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If ever you're interested in having that USR go to a good home where it will be loved and cared for, send me a message.
View Quote
I sent you an e-mail.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool barrel.

View Quote
Not at this time. I have not shot the Steyr USR in 20 years and have not been to the range in almost 2 years. I think I would like to mount the scope mount on the USR along with a Kahles K16i 1-6x24 and hit the range before I consider selling the USR and scope mount.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not at this time. I have not shot the Steyr USR in 20 years and have not been to the range in almost 2 years. I think I would like to mount the scope mount on the USR along with a Kahles K16i 1-6x24 and hit the range before I consider selling the USA and scope mount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool barrel.

Not at this time. I have not shot the Steyr USR in 20 years and have not been to the range in almost 2 years. I think I would like to mount the scope mount on the USR along with a Kahles K16i 1-6x24 and hit the range before I consider selling the USA and scope mount.
No worries, let us know how it shoots!

I have a USR too but I haven't really shot it for groups yet, I need to do that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's probably worth what anyone is willing to pay, being $1500-$2000.
View Quote
I reread the OP and since the barrel is new I think he could probably get up to $2500 out of it. Used should be $1500+ depending on condition. Not many of these new anymore...
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Most recent one on GB was in January and went for $2,100, says it appears unfired but looks like it had been mounted on a gun.  It would have been interesting to see how clean the piston/spring was.  Off my recollection there was another used one on GB in the last 6-8 months that went for around $2,300.  If a seller took credit card it wouldn’t surprise me if an actually unfired one would hit $2,500.

Original Austrian NEW 24" Steyr AUG heavy barrel with bi-Pod
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most recent one on GB was in January and went for $2,100, says it appears unfired but looks like it had been mounted on a gun.  It would have been interesting to see how clean the piston/spring was.  Off my recollection there was another used one on GB in the last 6-8 months that went for around $2,300.  If a seller took credit card it wouldn’t surprise me if an actually unfired one would hit $2,500.

Original Austrian NEW 24" Steyr AUG heavy barrel with bi-Pod
View Quote
I would imagine these are mounted at the Steyr factory for test firing before being parked out for shipping.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Do most of these barrels find home with transferable AUGs?

I missed out on Steyr's latest 24" barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top