Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2019 11:09:15 AM EDT
Can a standard 16.5  tavor x95 barrel be swapped for the 18.5 kit without any modifications?  I am wanting to install a flat butt plate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is the bayonet lug on the 18”. The 16” hanguard doesn’t have a cut out for it. I have both barrels the 18 is on mine currently. At first I just dremeled the fuck out of the original handguard for it to fit but that looked like shit so I had to call them to order the proper hand-guard. Besides that they swap just fine.

You will have to call for that handguard though since it’s not listed on the online store. When I did this the guy explained they may not have the parts available but asked for my phone number so he could call me back after he checked. Next day he called me back told me the price and I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. Exactly what I needed to know. I wanted an 18 but a used 16 was available for a better price so I jumped on it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. You can also pin and weld the 16” so you can stay over 26” with the slim buttpad. I did that with mine before I got the 18.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top