Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:46:01 PM EDT
whass happening?  Looked cool as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Appears to be dead on the water.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't heard much of anything for nearly a year, now. I assume some legal hiccup has held it up from import.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#4]
No need to cross post.

The company changed hands so we’ll see if it happens.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Did Lithgow change hands or the US importer?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You know the last couple years haven't exactly been prime time to bring a $1750 rifle to the market.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
see if they are at shot?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Likely entirely unrelated but Steyr is live streaming a "huge announcement" and giving away an AUG on the 22nd at SHOT SHOW.

Does Steyr have the ability and funds to take over the Atrax? But would they do it, maybe not.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably that 300BLK they teased last year
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I seriously doubt 300 BLK anything rises to the level of a “huge announcement.”  Seriously, it is more like 300 Pass Out. Yawn.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Likely entirely unrelated but Steyr is live streaming a "huge announcement" and giving away an AUG on the 22nd at SHOT SHOW.

Does Steyr have the ability and funds to take over the Atrax? But would they do it, maybe not.
View Quote
Do you have a link to the source? Very interested
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
STM556?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

STM556?
View Quote
That's my hunch. The RS556 is importable as a pistol. If that's it, I wonder if its origin is Austria or Germany.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]
It'd be interesting if they bring the STM556. Might be a bit riskier in the AR market these days unless the price isn't too high.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I was told the STM556 was not going to happen.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
So the "huge announcement" is what, a $6500 hunting rifle?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm telling you its the 300BLK AUG.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol, two years ago at the NRA show the Steyr guys told me it would be any time now for 300 barrels but they hated the idea because they foresaw a bunch of blown up guns where people mixed in 300blk with their .223.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's disappointing... after they said for the past year..."will be out anytime!"
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually saw them at LGS when vendor rep was in town, that was a while ago.  If they haven't showed up yet, they are probably scared off by the changing political tide...
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m really hoping so
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
STM 556  not going to happen, I wonder if this is an issue with description.  Elsewhere it is described as the RS 556, my guess is since this is a Rhinemetall and Steyr venture it could be that the STM 556 designation is dead.  I know speculation.

300BLK that would be nice.

Maybe Pete has an inside look but can't tell.  Hopefully we will all know in a short time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I may be misunderstanding, but why would this be a technically difficult conversion to do? Is there no aftermarket option?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Won't LMT be up their ass about the monolithic upper?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:Won't LMT be up their ass about the monolithic upper?
View Quote
I was wondering the same thing about the Remington piston AR.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I may be misunderstanding, but why would this be a technically difficult conversion to do? Is there no aftermarket option?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aug barrel assemblies are complex because of all the other stuff on it besides a rifled tube, and the total number of them in the US is small I don’t think anyone would fit the bill to r&d then tool up for it for the small aftermarket. Even simpler things like rails aren’t done by too many companies because the small total numbers are further fragmented into multiple models limiting any possible rails potential buyers even more and those are far simpler than the barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Aug barrel assemblies are complex because of all the other stuff on it besides a rifled tube, and the total number of them in the US is small I don’t think anyone would fit the bill to r&d then tool up for it for the small aftermarket. Even simpler things like rails aren’t done by too many companies because the small total numbers are further fragmented into multiple models limiting any possible rails potential buyers even more and those are far simpler than the barrel assembly.
View Quote
Makes sense, and I suppose end-users wouldn't want to (or don't have the tools to) swap the gas block assembly between barrels. At a glance, I couldn't find any factory gas block assemblies for sale, either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not the barrel itself, it's getting the gas system to work properly with both subsonic and supersonic loads suppressed and unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, two years ago at the NRA show the Steyr guys told me it would be any time now for 300 barrels but they hated the idea because they foresaw a bunch of blown up guns where people mixed in 300blk with their .223.
View Quote
That's a district possibility unless they colored the barrels green or something.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]
There'd definitely have to be a more obvious difference between .300 and 5.56 for people. Maybe have the gas plug adjuster a very noticeably different color like FDE to stand out.

I'd just opt for a different color front grip, black grip for black out since my AUG is OD
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Sooo any news @ Shot Show?

& I am talking about the Atrax/Lithgow F90
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I stopped by the Dasan booth and they do not have the F90 Attax on display.

All the reps were busy, but my git says the Atrax may have been stillborn on the USA market.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
As much as I'd like to see an F90 hit the US market, I'm very happy that two years ago I got an AUG instead of waiting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

All the reps were busy, but my git says the Atrax may have been stillborn on the USA market.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
So sad...did someone buy the old MSAR tooling? Maybe someone needs to resurrect the MSAR...
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe someone needs to resurrect the MSAR...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
More options. Update the AUG platform. I don’t know. More the better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
More options. Update the AUG platform. I don’t know. More the better.
View Quote
IMNSHO the A3 M1 is the pinnacle of AUG development - with the possible exception of the MSAR "NATO magazine" (E4?) stock, I think the A3 M1 does everything the MSAR ever did, and better.  I know folks who'd like "better" AUG NATO stocks (e.g. ambidextrous mag controls and LH ejection options), but even that wouldn't be MSAR tooling because IIRC the MSAR and AUG stocks weren't/aren't interchangeable...

We've got what 3-4 different rail configs, 3 "integral" optics (I do wish for a "skinny-scope-3X" still) receiver side rails, now even English-threaded barrels! What did the MSAR have that isn't out already for the A3 M1?  Add in Manticore making their awesome Talon scope mount for the A3 M1... we're in AUG heaven!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sven, did you get a chance to stop by the Steyr booth?

Any sight of the STM 556?

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/steyr-stm-556-rs-556-rifle/
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

IMNSHO the A3 M1 is the pinnacle of AUG development - with the possible exception of the MSAR "NATO magazine" (E4?) stock, I think the A3 M1 does everything the MSAR ever did, and better.  I know folks who'd like "better" AUG NATO stocks (e.g. ambidextrous mag controls and LH ejection options), but even that wouldn't be MSAR tooling because IIRC the MSAR and AUG stocks weren't/aren't interchangeable...

We've got what 3-4 different rail configs, 3 "integral" optics (I do wish for a "skinny-scope-3X" still) receiver side rails, now even English-threaded barrels! What did the MSAR have that isn't out already for the A3 M1?  Add in Manticore making their awesome Talon scope mount for the A3 M1... we're in AUG heaven!
View Quote
Don't disagree...Steyr def has stepped up its game the last 5 years...and I hope it continues to do so...but I am an options guy...I like competition to push things even further...Lithgow had some interesting design cues that I would have liked to see stateside.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
The MSAR E4 (and later) stocks were compatible with most AUG rifles.  The only part that might need to be modified is the hump that I think the very last generation of MSAR stocks had (similar to early AUG stocks).
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:35:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have heard there were attempts to buy the MSAR tooling, but rumor is at this point it is currently rusting and rotting away in a couple of trailers in North Carolina.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sad
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I was very excited about the ATRAX But a mate I was in the British Army with had just been issued the F90 in his Australian Army unit. He has not one good word to say about it and we both served 18 years or so with the L85 take from that what you will.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was very excited about the ATRAX But a mate I was in the British Army with had just been issued the F90 in his Australian Army unit. He has not one good word to say about it and we both served 18 years or so with the L85 take from that what you will.
View Quote
When was this? The F90 just came out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top