Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:10:20 AM EDT
Need some help, I have a brand new STG E4. Was going to the range this morning and got it out of the safe. I inserted an empty P-mag (that came with the weapon), I tried to eject it, and the platform will not release the mag.

The mag catch does not seem loose and I hear nothing rattling inside the stock.

Has anyone every experienced this with their E4's and if so, how did you fix / repair it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You have the old plastic mag catch, it needs to be replaced by Ratworx with the new stainless steel one.

Snake a credit card up between the magwell wall and the magazine and you should be able to get it to release, takes a little work.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Exactly as Dawg said, I sent my stock in and got it back in a week, they were kind enough to express ship it back too me since I sent it to them the same manor
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you for the information.

I tried the credit card method and it worked the first time.

I will contact Rat Worx Monday and send in for the ss replacement.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks to both of you for the information.

I tried the credit card method and it worked the first time.

I will contact Rat Worx Monday and send in for the ss replacement.

Thanks.

I had an ex g/f who thought a credit card could fix everything too.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happended to me.  The metal replacement that was put in also makes the mag release a lot easier.  

I think it's just a matter of time before any E4's plastic one breaks, so maybe this should be a sticky note.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top