Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2010 8:29:20 AM EDT
Isn't it suppose to take all AR style mags. Steel and aluminum magazines will not seat in the mag well, is there something that I am missing?

If I do get them to seat, I can not remove them from the mag well.

Who do I contact about this, as it is a brand new rifle?

Fury.

Posted in the industry forum as well.

***UPDATE***

I spoke with Paul at MSAR and I am sending the stock over to them in the morning.   They were very professional, and he called me right back (With in 15 min. of my call).  I am very satisfied.  Great C/S.

Thanks for the info guys.

Fury.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several threads on "stuck mags" in this forum.  It's a very well known issue.

E4 Owners! Got mag issues? Were you aware of the recall? Upgrade = Good!

Go to the MSAR website and follow the directions for the magazine catch upgrade.

From MSAR's website on thier bulletin board.

MSAR’s XM-17 E4 Upgrade
August 4, 2010

MSAR’s XM-17 E4 variation of STG that accepts M-16 magazines.

This is from the MSAR interal forum-

We are offering a free stock magazine catch upgrade. All current E4 stocks were manufactured w a composite internal magazine catch. We are finding that this composite is failing in their assemblies causing magazines to become stuck or locked in the stock housing. The new catches are made of heat-treated stainless steel.

Please contact our customer service manager Paul Thomas for this upgrade.

300 Chestnut Street Bradford, PA 16701
Phone: 814-363-9260 ext 14
[email protected]

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We greatly appreciate your interests in our products.

Sincerely,
Anthony Marfione – CEO MSAR inc.

I sent my stock off on Thursday 8/19, it arrived at MSAR on Monday 8/23, and I had a UPS "attempted delivery" notice on my front door on Wednesday 8/25!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Am I the only person on earth who hasn't had an issue with my E4?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Am I the only person on earth who hasn't had an issue with my E4?

Mine's been fine too.  That said, I am sending the stock for the free upgrade.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope Joe-I too have never had this issue with my E4 as well. I can insert any mag I have for the E4 (includes the msar mags, some pmags, and a stoner mag) and get it out with no issues. I am still debating on sending it in for the upgrade. I may go out to the range later this week, and after that I may just then decide to contact Paul about sending it in...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I never had any problems either, except for when I tried one of those crappy SIG mags. Then it got stuck. But other than that i love my E4.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
MSAR is aware of the problem with stuck mags and they will repair at no charge.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
of course, you could go with the STG and avoid this problem all together...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
of course, you could go with the STG and avoid this problem all together...

I'm at a 'simplifying logistics' point in my collection, or hoarding, or stockpiling or whatever the hell it is I'm doing. The mag compatibility was what pushed me over the tipping point in getting a MSAR.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the general turn around time?  I sent mine off well over a week and mum is the word.

If I do not have it back by Friday, I will call them.

I know that I am being overly impatient, but I really, really want my rifle back.

Fury.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If it's been over a week, it sounds like it is time to call to see where it's at...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If it's been over a week, it sounds like it is time to call to see where it's at...

I am willing to give it a couple of more days seeing that it was a holiday weekend.  If I have nothing by Friday, I will call.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah-I keep forgetting about that seeing as how I had to work the holiday, so to me it didn't exist!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#13]
It arrived today!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Good. Brother R_Fury is back-up in action.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top