Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:59:54 AM EDT

Anybody try this on their MSAR/AUG?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=252462

I was wondering if this would be any better than the "Giles" sling mentioned in the nomenclature that came with my MSAR.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one, but I may have to try to make something for my AXR.
Good Excellent find. Make sure you browse through the pages to see different ideas and sources for materials.

We bullpup afficianatos are a lazy bunch.  We can't be bothered with all that copying and pasting. Not to mention opening another window.
I will save the rest of you the trouble.  I hope all my hard work does not go unnoticed.

Made it hot.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=252462

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, so what the heck are y'all using for slings and why?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alright, so what the heck are y'all using for slings and why?

I prefer KISS setups. This is just a std 70" silent sling w/the front wrapped around the bbl and behind the VFG so it doesn't interfere w/the charging handle. The sling goes over the right shoulder and under the left arm for tactical use. Can be used from any position (even unconventional), transitions to handgun are fast & easy and the rifle can be pushed down/behind or over/behind if you need to free up both hands.
Tomac

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
just a simple nylon strap

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just bought a sling at the NDIA show that I am very happy with.  It is now on the STG that is my "truck gun".  It costs more than some slings, but it is very well made.  It is made by TacticalLink.com.  The sling swivels that they manufacture are the best I have seen.  I will be using these on several of my rifles.  The guys that run the company and sell the slings are great guys, that means a lot to me.
Dave Robertson

Which sling is that, Dave?
Tomac
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah!  How does it go?... Pic or it didn't happen?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top