Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:12:49 PM EDT
I'm looking for electronic earmuffs.  Specifically, I'd like ones that don't bump the rifle stock in the lower portion.  What are your suggestions and who are the better makers of these muffs?

(Sorry to post this in the Bullpup section but I figured you have ran into a similar issue).
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for electronic earmuffs.  Specifically, I'd like ones that don't bump the rifle stock in the lower portion.  What are your suggestions and who are the better makers of these muffs?

(Sorry to post this in the Bullpup section but I figured you have ran into a similar issue).

I've got a set of Peltor Tactical's that I have been pretty happy with.  They have "cutouts" on the bottom of the muff that helps a little.  If you trust them to be in stock, BoTach has em on sale right now...

Botach Tactical Military Electronic Muffs

The only downside is the 22db sound reduction rating... its not all that great or that much... I often times use a set of earplugs with them to aleviate flinch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Peltor Comtac II"s. I got them from Boss Safety for about $240 a little over a year ago now and am very pleased.

They have the cheaper Tac 6's, but I've heard about issues with those regarding the battery compartments.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your suggestions.  The only downside I see so far is that the NRR on these is pretty low, but that may be the nature of the design (...scallops for the stock may reduce NRR).  I'd also want to use these on indoor rifle ranges so a high NRR would be preferable, but perhaps this is an area where one can't have both.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
These seem to work pretty good with my Robinson XCR.  I haven't tried them with a pup yet.

$59.99 Here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for your suggestions.  The only downside I see so far is that the NRR on these is pretty low, but that may be the nature of the design (...scallops for the stock may reduce NRR).  I'd also want to use these on indoor rifle ranges so a high NRR would be preferable, but perhaps this is an area where one can't have both.

When I go to the indooor pistol range I throw on a pair of those Surefire plugs under the muffs for good measure.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top