Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2009 3:51:30 PM EDT
I added the Acog but it came like new in box (60rds fired through it) with all paper work, 6" side rail, 5 30rd, 2 42rd and 1 10rd mags for $1800.

What gen is it, anything that I should watch out for etc...

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you found a good deal. I hope you enjoy it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
1st Gen.  No worries, just shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1st Gen.  No worries, just shoot it.

Oh I will, but it'll be next weekend before I get some time off
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You got a good deal! Saw a gen III with ( I think, didn't have them take it out of the case), with factory optic and 1 ten round and 2 fourty two round mags for $2,500 yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I like the tan.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Good Lord how did you get all that for $1800? Did you have to sleep with the owner or what?

The ACOG, those magazine, the side rail and the STG for $1800 is a hell of a deal. My hat's off to you sir. Have to have you do my shopping for me in the future.

Gen I, should be fine as the tan rifles ran at the end of the Gen I cycle if I remember right after the recall issues were all remedied.

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not bad.  I paid more for a lot less.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a killer deal, good job! I still have my Gen 1, I am the original owners and it has never needed to go meet its maker. Your going to love it, great catch!
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good Lord how did you get all that for $1800? Did you have to sleep with the owner or what?

The ACOG, those magazine, the side rail and the STG for $1800 is a hell of a deal. My hat's off to you sir. Have to have you do my shopping for me in the future.

Gen I, should be fine as the tan rifles ran at the end of the Gen I cycle if I remember right after the recall issues were all remedied.

The Acog didn't come with it, like I said in the oeiginal post

"I added the Acog"
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like you did good Ghetto.

Curious, anything in particular make you decide to sell the XCR and buy the STG or are you just restless with the flavor of non-SHTF rifle / range toy?
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like you did good Ghetto.

Curious, anything in particular make you decide to sell the XCR and buy the STG or are you just restless with the flavor of non-SHTF rifle / range toy?

I really liked the XCR but I've been wanting to try a bullpup design for a while so I figured that the MSAR was the way to go.

The XCR was a little on the heavy side but it functioned flawlessly and was accurate but I just wanted to try something different. I almost bought a LWRC but decided to save $500 and get the MSAR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Good deal, nice rifle!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, even going with the non-MSAR 6" rail and not taking into account the S&H fees for having the mags and the rail shipped you saved over $320 easily under current prices.  

There were some folks that were able to grab-up STG rifles for less than $1500 before the 2008 election.  Unfortunately something tells me it will be a long time before we see those prices again.  I'd say you'd be very lucky to bid and win an auction online and purchase an STG for less than $1650 and that would be with no side rail and a single ten round magazine.

Did you get "black" MSAR magazines or the translucent MSAR magazines?

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I really liked the XCR but I've been wanting to try a bullpup design for a while so I figured that the MSAR was the way to go.

The XCR was a little on the heavy side but it functioned flawlessly and was accurate but I just wanted to try something different. I almost bought a LWRC but decided to save $500 and get the MSAR.

The LWRC is overpriced for what you get IMHO ()
If you want a really reliable piston gun with AR15 ergos, just get a Daewoo K2.
If you must have a tele stock, get the DR200 and add it as a compliance part.

My brother and I had this argument.
He bought a POF P416 and thinks I'm nuts for sticking to my AK's till something fully ambidextrous
and multi caliber comes along.
The closest I've come to getting something less than optimum for a lefty is the AXR or MSAR E4
If I'm going to stock up on non-AK mags, it will be STANAG, nothing else.
If MSAR made a 7.62x39 instead of the $$$$$ 6.8 $$$$$$, it would have been an instant must have for me.

Funny how the 6.8 crowd makes a lot of noise, but the sales are never there.

The RFB is nice.
But for the price of 308 ammo, you'd think the ammo sellers would at least add
a reach around after paying as a standard part of taking it.

The XCR still interests me, but I'd have to have a local smith add a right side charging handle.
The lack of a true MIL grade QD barrel is the really big turn off.
The dinky machine shop bolt with helicoil holding the barrel in and the fact that the rifle head spaces off of it,
does not impress me ( I'm a former machinist).

Compared to my Arsenal milled under folder AK, the XCR is a feather weight though
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope you let us know how you like the mini ACOG on the MSAR. I would really like to try one of the 1.5x models, like the TA44SR-10 or TA26SR-10 with a set of BIUS, but don't have the cash at the moment. Please give us a report when you get to try it out. Opinion on eye relief and mount height would be helpful and which model your using.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hope you let us know how you like the mini ACOG on the MSAR. I would really like to try one of the 1.5x models, like the TA44SR-10 or TA26SR-10 with a set of BIUS, but don't have the cash at the moment. Please give us a report when you get to try it out. Opinion on eye relief and mount height would be helpful and which model your using.

I shot 2 mags through it on Monday before the rain came, took about 6 shots to get it sighted in and it ran perfect. My Acog is an old TA94(?) and it's a 4X.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, even going with the non-MSAR 6" rail and not taking into account the S&H fees for having the mags and the rail shipped you saved over $320 easily under current prices.  

There were some folks that were able to grab-up STG rifles for less than $1500 before the 2008 election.  Unfortunately something tells me it will be a long time before we see those prices again.  I'd say you'd be very lucky to bid and win an auction online and purchase an STG for less than $1650 and that would be with no side rail and a single ten round magazine.

Did you get "black" MSAR magazines or the translucent MSAR magazines?

2 42rd tranny mags
6 30rd black mags, some with magpuls
1 10rd mag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top