Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2019 11:40:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
He was looking for testers when he was getting ready to introduce these to market, he sent me some to try and I ran them on my 1050 with auto drive. My machine seemed happiest around 1400 cases per hour. But just kept trucking along. The only trouble I had was a rock in a case, bent the pin. I straightened it and got a few hundred more out of it then it broke. The I think he did a different heat treat, and sent me a few extras, but I haven't had any issues with the second one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
So im the designer and manufacture of these dies.  The neck nipping issues are a thi g of the past now unless the case has a complete collapse prior to decap or swage.  No joke, I made the prototype after getting pissed off running my Mark 7 at 1600 and still busting pins from various issues.  If you're not happy with the dies I will refund 100% and won't just tell you your press isn't setup correct.

You can email me for more info at [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So im the designer and manufacture of these dies.  The neck nipping issues are a thi g of the past now unless the case has a complete collapse prior to decap or swage.  No joke, I made the prototype after getting pissed off running my Mark 7 at 1600 and still busting pins from various issues.  If you're not happy with the dies I will refund 100% and won't just tell you your press isn't setup correct.

You can email me for more info at [email protected]
View Quote
Heya Will.

FW Arms makes good stuff.  The guy I buy my brass from has tried about every type of decapping setup and he swears by them.  I still trudge along with my MA decapper in my LnL, but if I was really interested in doing alot of volume, Id have no issues picking up these dies.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
We will be happy to have ya aboard if you ever feel the need to try something new!
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We will be happy to have ya aboard if you ever feel the need to try something new!
View Quote
Will the swage foot work on a 650?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I had started to buy the over priced and only marginally better Squirrel Daddy pins off Amazon until I started having pins made to my own specifications.

Recently I found the MA set up and liked it.

Even better that my pins fit in the MA decapper.

Just got the MA spring assist Friday so I haven't tried it yet.

I'll try the FW pin set up.

I'm eyeing the Red Desert Precision decapper, but $50 beets $800 all day long

I decapp at 900 RPH on my Mk7. It just isn't smooth enough to not break pins if I run it any faster. It still breaks a decent number due to case wobble.

On my Fast and Friendly Brass machine the sweet spot is exactly 1,384 RPH - and it just runs that way for hours on end. I break a pin only when I hit a round that had the bullet pushed inside or rocks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I max my Mark 7 at 2400, breaking pins was the biggest reason I made the dies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#13]
The tip geometry reduces the primer pullback effect to almost zero.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the decapper in and oh Lord is it nice.

I'm using it on .270 brass that is nice and long and wobbly in the Mk7 and this thing is a God send.

I'll be picking up more and getting the swage dies soon as well.

In a single stage or low end progressive I don't think you need this.

In an auto drive or even a had operated 1050 with bullet feeder it is a must
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got the decapper in and oh Lord is it nice.

I'm using it on .270 brass that is nice and long and wobbly in the Mk7 and this thing is a God send.

I'll be picking up more and getting the swage dies soon as well.

In a single stage or low end progressive I don't think you need this.

In an auto drive or even a had operated 1050 with bullet feeder it is a must
View Quote
Very happy it's working out

I know a bunch of people using the swage foot on single stage with the Rcbs swage kit or the MA swage kit.  They chuck the foot that came with their setup and use ours to make life a lot easier.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had started to buy the over priced and only marginally better Squirrel Daddy pins off Amazon until I started having pins made to my own specifications.

Recently I found the MA set up and liked it.

Even better that my pins fit in the MA decapper.

Just got the MA spring assist Friday so I haven't tried it yet.

I'll try the FW pin set up.

I'm eyeing the Red Desert Precision decapper, but $50 beets $800 all day long

I decapp at 900 RPH on my Mk7. It just isn't smooth enough to not break pins if I run it any faster. It still breaks a decent number due to case wobble.

On my Fast and Friendly Brass machine the sweet spot is exactly 1,384 RPH - and it just runs that way for hours on end. I break a pin only when I hit a round that had the bullet pushed inside or rocks.
View Quote
Case wobble is horrible on my 1050 too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had Mighty Armory’s webpage open for a week trying to decide if I want to try it. Going to try FW instead as I think centering could be a great thing. I tossed a good number of cases resizing too fast on 1050.

30-06 wobbles like a drunk hobo on 1050 with autodrive.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have had Mighty Armory’s webpage open for a week trying to decide if I want to try it. Going to try FW instead as I think centering could be a great thing. I tossed a good number of cases resizing too fast on 1050.

30-06 wobbles like a drunk hobo on 1050 with autodrive.
View Quote
Just a heads up, 1050 users will have issues with cases over 2.25" in length due to where the indexing starts.  The case is still engaged on the shuttle if you do 3006.  We call attention to this on our website.  Would hate for you to spend the cash and be bummed out.  650,750,lnl all good to go for 3006.  Doing a vid of 338 lapua in a single stage next week
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just a heads up, 1050 users will have issues with cases over 2.25" in length due to where the indexing starts.  The case is still engaged on the shuttle if you do 3006.  We call attention to this on our website.  Would hate for you to spend the cash and be bummed out.  650,750,lnl all good to go for 3006.  Doing a vid of 338 lapua in a single stage next week
View Quote
I was actually going to try it on a Revolution press. Let you know how it goes...
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was actually going to try it on a Revolution press. Let you know how it goes...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool, would love to get my hands on one of those soon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine arrived today. Great construction. I ran it on the Revolution press with 30-06. Unfortunately it’s not optimized for this press either but to be honest, Mark 7 doesn’t officially have a 30-06 conversion for this press. On a 1050, to seat and crimp a 30-06 case, you have to use a 308 seating and crimp die. I suspect the Revolution will work using the same 308 die. The only other issue is the case feed adapter which needs dremil work.

As for what happens on the Mark 7 with this decap die, there is a long pause in shellplate movement as the toolhead rises. However, the case starts moving right as the mouth is inside the bottom centering part of die. It actually touches it as the shellplate rotates but only just a little. And because that part of die retracts into die, the case does slide out ok (at least on lowest speed setting). If you back die off 2-3 turns (rather than the 1 rotation instructions say), it is a little better. I might run a 100 or so cases at faster speed later. Right now I am about to run 3k 308 reloads but waiting on the powder measure they forgot to ship. I have been using a Hornady measure quite happily so far and am debating telling them to refund me the measure.... but that is for another thread yet to be made.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today. Great construction. I ran it on the Revolution press with 30-06. Unfortunately it’s not optimized for this press either but to be honest, Mark 7 doesn’t officially have a 30-06 conversion for this press. On a 1050, to seat and crimp a 30-06 case, you have to use a 308 seating and crimp die. I suspect the Revolution will work using the same 308 die. The only other issue is the case feed adapter which needs dremil work.

As for what happens on the Mark 7 with this decap die, there is a long pause in shellplate movement as the toolhead rises. However, the case starts moving right as the mouth is inside the bottom centering part of die. It actually touches it as the shellplate rotates but only just a little. And because that part of die retracts into die, the case does slide out ok (at least on lowest speed setting). If you back die off 2-3 turns (rather than the 1 rotation instructions say), it is a little better. I might run a 100 or so cases at faster speed later. Right now I am about to run 3k 308 reloads but waiting on the powder measure they forgot to ship. I have been using a Hornady measure quite happily so far and am debating telling them to refund me the measure.... but that is for another thread yet to be made.
View Quote
That was the same thing that was happening to me.  I know when I used a standard decapper it seemed that the pin tip was barely clearing a 30-06 neck.  On a 650, and LnL it works just fine.  Not sure why Dillon made the indexing like that on the 1050 when it works just fine with their other presses.  Oh well, I'm trying to play with ideas that will allow people to use the unit for longer cases on the 1050.

Overall, how do you like the unit?  Never hesitate to contact me from our website, we have our email and phone number on there, if you have questions or concerns.  I also offer 100% money back if you don't think the units will fit your lineup.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#24]
It seems built really well. Love the size for big boy rounds. Since I am going to be running pre-primes rounds for a bit, won’t get to test it anytime soon but I will check in when I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top