Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2019 12:54:57 AM EDT
Just hooked up my 2nd 3d printed bullet feeder. This on a xl650 for 9mm(daa feeder die)
The other is on my loadmaster (Rcbs bullet feeder die) (hated the lee finger feeder)
Pretty sweet tons of motor layouts.
2nd one I did not print myself. Bought from a Facebook guy that makes them for ammo mikes  for 60bucks.
If you have a 3d printer or local print shop check out ammo mikes open source feeder on thingiverse.
Video link - https://youtu.be/HznohMfdH6M

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice set up. That Dillion is a hobby in itself! I don't know if I would ever find time to reload with all the add-ons to tinker with.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This is one of the reasons I bought an Ender 3.  It's not here yet, but I have a stack of parts and upgrades waiting for it.  I also went and bought the Mr bulletfeeder motor and wiring.  Seems it's all setup and just easier that way.  I think I'll be into the bullet feeder hopper less than a $100.  I already have the MBF droppers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I made 5 videos of the "add ons" already and still have 4 more to make. I love the Dillon. But hate the dillon prices that come with it all. If I didn't get the 650 for 18bucks I wouldn't have it. Since then I'm already $645 into it just with 1 caliber.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Ender 3 is great cheap little printer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice set up. That Dillion is a hobby in itself! I don't know if I would ever find time to reload with all the add-ons to tinker with.
View Quote
But now 4min and 7 sec for 100rds is crazy! Looking inside each case as it indexes
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But now 4min and 7 sec for 100rds is crazy! Looking inside each case as it indexes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beautiful isn't it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Beautiful isn't it.
View Quote
Very much lol. Gonna try to load my last 1500 tomorrow on my day off. Negative 6 F here. So too cold to do anything. Need to be sorting brass but that's not gonna happen
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't want a bullet feeder, but that is pretty sweet!  Nice work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't want a bullet feeder, but that is pretty sweet!  Nice work.
View Quote
I used to say that too, until I bought a Mr. Bullet Feeder. One of the best upgrades you can get for your XL650. I have to admit that I used to think it was a bit of a gimmick until I tried one. They are really wonderful and great time and effort savers.

The 3D printed collators are awesome, and looks like it saves some money, but for me, it was just as easy to buy the MBF ready-to-go. One order, one delivery, up and running immediately, etc.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used to say that too, until I bought a Mr. Bullet Feeder. One of the best upgrades you can get for your XL650. I have to admit that I used to think it was a bit of a gimmick until I tried one. They are really wonderful and great time and effort savers.

The 3D printed collators are awesome, and looks like it saves some money, but for me, it was just as easy to buy the MBF ready-to-go. One order, one delivery, up and running immediately, etc.
View Quote
Yeah I never though it would speed it up too much. I mean i have 3 or 4 in my hand at all times and was easy to roll the next one forward and be ready in my fingers. But went from 6min down to low 4 per 100rd.

3d model can be done as cheap as 40bucks. Or if paying for the print like 100. Better die and parts puts into 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top