Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:02:32 AM EDT
What wads go well with Federal premium 12ga low recoil slug hulls? (Blue color) I have access to 1000's once fired hulls and figured I'll reload these.

Loads will typically be 7/8 oz mix of #1 and #4 buck.

Same request for Winchester low recoil Slug hulls (grey color)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
When I saw 'Wad' in the title I thought this would be about Doom 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good slug data can be found at Ballistic Products
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No offense, but that page is the worst layout of information.  It should be categorized by gauge , load and manufacturer. What a mess to read.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That information will be in published load data.

I recommend the shotgun Lyman manual.

(don't have mine in front of me right now)
View Quote
Nothing on Lyman for the hulls I have.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ballistic Product says you need a gas seal that seals the entire length of a straight walled hull. They list Federal GM hulls with their BPGS cup and BP12 gas seal. Two piece. They also list their GS2 seal as good for straight walled hulls they also list a 20 ga. felt wad and a OS12 overshot card to take up space for a good crimp. I've got their Buckshot Loading III manual. The same BPGS and BP 12 seal can be used with the Win hull you have. I would recommend a call to BPI Ballistic Products for their advice. I can only say that with the inexpensive factory loaded buckshot that loading buckshot is not cost effective. I didn't have a lot of success loading buckshot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No offense, but that page is the worst layout of information.  It should be categorized by gauge , load and manufacturer. What a mess to read.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None taken- it ain't my website.

But on the subject of BPI, they sell a Slug Manual.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ballistic Product says you need a gas seal that seals the entire length of a straight walled hull. They list Federal GM hulls with their BPGS cup and BP12 gas seal. Two piece. They also list their GS2 seal as good for straight walled hulls they also list a 20 ga. felt wad and a OS12 overshot card to take up space for a good crimp. I've got their Buckshot Loading III manual. The same BPGS and BP 12 seal can be used with the Win hull you have. I would recommend a call to BPI Ballistic Products for their advice. I can only say that with the inexpensive factory loaded buckshot that loading buckshot is not cost effective. I didn't have a lot of success loading buckshot.
View Quote
Great info. Thanks.

I emailed BP and it got bounced back as undeliverable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top