Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:02:58 AM EDT
I had been using the same 1000 pieces(mixed head stamps) of 10mm brass for a while.

The 1000 had dwindled down to about 600 cases because of lost brass and damage.

By my estimates they'd been reloaded approximately 20 times each, doesn't seem possible I know.

Just tumble cleaned over the years no annealing was performed.

Take into consideration light target loadings 180gr just over 1000fps.

I loaded them and shot them for the last time this weekend. I left them laying at the range, the horror .

Observations:

full length split cases was becoming a constant occurrence

rims chewed to shit

seating primers had a inconsistent feel (did not like)

failure to fire with first striker hit with known good primers (this is the main reason I gave up on the brass)

overall the brass looked like shit

I'm thinking the failures to fire was the primer moving foward in the primer pocket.

Anyway it was a sad day leaving that much brass for the hawks but it was time.

Starting on a 1000 new pieces of Starline brass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you are right about the primers.  Now that range will sell your brass as once-fired brass to some sucker!

Sounds like you got your investment back on that brass!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you are right about the primers.  Now that range will sell your brass as once-fired brass to some sucker!

Sounds like you got your investment back on that brass!
View Quote
It was an outdoor national forest range, some brass hawk will think he hit the jackpot.

It really was only good for scrap at this point, you're right I got more than my money's worth. It's why I left it laying, as tribute to the range gods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top