Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 7:28:30 AM EDT
I have been using ZQI 308 for plinking with my AR-10, I have about 250 pieces of this stuff once fired. Is it worth the work to prep it for reloading?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have been using ZQI 308 for plinking with my AR-10, I have about 250 pieces of this stuff once fired. Is it worth the work to prep it for reloading?
View Quote

Yes. I reload mine and have had no troubles or concerns of any kind thus far.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Weigh the empty unprimed bras. It probably weighs close to 178 to 180 grains. If so a 2.0 full grain reduction in powder charge is required when reloading it compared to commercial brass.

Semi-autos are hard on brass. Heavier 7.62x51mm military surplus brass is my go to source for use in AR-10's and M1-A's.

Use Hornady's "Service Rifle" data, it's a great source of information when loading for semi-autos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top