Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 10:14:34 AM EDT
Thinking a Hornady LNL, sonic cleaner, etc but any better deals out there now? I leave it up to him to get dies, plates, powder, etc
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking a Hornady LNL, sonic cleaner, etc but any better deals out there now? I leave it up to him to get dies, plates, powder, etc
View Quote

Go to: midsouthshootersupply.com and look at their deals on reloading kits/packages.  I have been buying from them for 40 years. Good stuff @ good prices most of the time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]

How much reloading is he really going to do?  What kind of shooting does he do?  Benchrest stuff or USPSA? 100's of rounds a year or thousands?   Makes a big difference on what is suggested.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much reloading is he really going to do?  What kind of shooting does he do?  Benchrest stuff or USPSA? 100's of rounds a year or thousands?   Makes a big difference on what is suggested.

View Quote

He's  mostly a fudd with a safe full of Rem700s but he has a AR and a variety of handguns too. Im thinking itll mostly be for 223 and 9mm but with he'll try some precision loads too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking at going with a single stage press it's hard to do better than the RCBS Supreme kit. I think you could be up and running in at least 2 calibers (not counting components) for $600

Then consider "your grandchildren" will probably be using the same equipment some day. I bought mine in 1985 and after thousands of rounds it still feels like new. And the other equipment that came in the kit (besides the original lube pad) is still in great working condition.

Motor
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Really $600 is about enough to get you set up with a LEE kit and EVERYTHING else you will need.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He's  mostly a fudd with a safe full of Rem700s but he has a AR and a variety of handguns too. Im thinking itll mostly be for 223 and 9mm but with he'll try some precision loads too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get him a 300blk upper for Father's day
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

how much reloading will he be doing?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with you on the LNL AP. Disagree on the sonic cleaner.
Get a wet tumbler and media separator instead and one of the Frankfort Arsenal magnets for the SS pins.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently switched from a dry tumbler to a rotary wet tumbler,. I wet tumble initial fired brass then dry tumble the brass to delube after sizing. wet tumbling makes the brass so much cleaner, I like it, I don't understand the issues some people have with wet tumbling,, I haven't had any issues, only ever had 1 piece stick sideways, think it was a .... 308, possibly a 6.5 Creedmoor case but other then that...
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll say forget the sonic, even a wet tumbler. Buy basic media tumbler, put saved money in to components.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top