Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 12:17:58 PM EDT
So if I can get a programmer friend of a friend of a friend to build me (all of us) a quality reloading app for android what would you guys like to see in the app? I am thinking just basic fill in your load data to inlude case, powder, powder charge, primer, bullet, bullet weight, oal, & trim length. Then the option to add optional fields such as chrono data, date tested, and group size; with the option to add a photo of the test target.

I am just thinking something simple that can be used on tablets and phones but more geared towards the tablet for the reloading bench and out in the field for testing.

Am I missing anything?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds good to me. Maybe a link to review the load if you had pressure signs or something
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Something like a comments section Mattr?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Ideally there would be powder/bullet cross reference. This may be tricky, but as a user if I am standing at the cabinet in Gander Mountain, I would like to be able to select a powder that I see in stock and have it return the results of what rounds it is recommended for.
From a dev. standpoint it would be easy. Just not sure about the legal aspects. That could likely be overcome with a "build your own database" function, but it wouldn't help if I run across a powder I don't recognize.

Wireless connection to a chrono so the data is uploaded in real time.

The ability to share data results via email. I would likely stay away from FB or twitter integration.

Supply inventory management. So, when I am at the gun show, I can make better decisions on component purchases rather than just buying what is available.

Edit: sync to a web portal so if I am at the bench I can use a laptop. Could be accomplished by doing the whole thing as a web app.

Definitely need a way to sort by caliber and by weapon.

Customization of data tracked and displayed so that if all I have is measuring group size, in don't have to scroll through data fields that are over my head- or if I am seasoned and want to track ogive, primer pocket depth variances, etc. I can do that.

Cost per round so that I can make the decision on if the extra expense is worth the accuracy improvement.

Those are just some initial thoughts from a noob reloader.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Also make it possible to take a picture of your group and link it to the load.

Make sure it exports to excel.

Make sure you can add a lot# to identify your load (for reference).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
GREAT idea!!!

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Good luck OP!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Inventory tracker and Excel compatibility would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
In.
Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top