Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 10:41:14 AM EDT
A coworker of mine knows I am a reloader. His father has gone to live in a nursing home now but was a big shooter/reloader. He is cleaning out the house now and offered me and some other coworkers some of the reloading equipment. A lot of the basic stuff is already spoken for and that's fine with me since I am already good on that stuff. He has offered me a deal on a Corbin swagin press, swaging dies, some Lyman bullet moulds (45acp, 30 carbine, 12ga slug, 32, 8mm, and some other 30 cal.), top punches, the corbin kit to swage 22LR shells into .224 jackets, and a Lyman lead furnace along with some lead (and the promise of a bunch more lead at scrap price).

I just got a brief look at the stuff on our lunch break. I am pretty good when it comes to reloading stuff, but casting and swaging I don't know as much about.

He said he would take $470 for all of it and future lead at scrap price. He is hauling it all here from out of state a bit at a time. He has all the stuff I listed here already though.

So, should I grab it and learn to use it, grab it and flip it for a quick profit, or pass on the deal?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Me I'd grab it and figure when they finally tax the ammo so it's to costly to shoot I'll be smiling
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
RUN and get that stuff quick!

Go price just the Corbin 223 swage die set and you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a smoking deal...  run, don't walk!  If I could afford it right now, I'd buy it from you for double what you're paying and I'd come back to brag about the deal I got.  Don't pass it up...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't think twice. Buy it all now.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what I was figuring.

I'm a bit short on cash from the federal employee furlough so I went to a fellow reloading friend and told him about it. He said he would put up the cash for it, and I can either pay him back half and we can share the stuff, or I can pay him back and keep it, or he will buy it and keep it but let me use it. Not sure how much I'll be able to get into casting and swaging for a while so I'll probably let him keep it and just use when/if I can.

Almost wish I could afford to buy it just to flip it.

Better go see if my coworker is in his office yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, I got with him at work and got the stuff to take to my friend so he could check it out and hopefully buy it. My co-worker said the guy that was going to buy the RCBS rock chucker and accessories and Lyman tumbler had backed out and asked if I or my friend would be interested in that stuff too. I loaded it all up in my truck to take to my friend's place to show him. The co-worker said he would take $675 for everything. Upon closer inspection at my friend's place we found a Corbin core mold to make the lead cores to fill the jackets made from the 22LR shell swager. There was lube/sizing dies in with the Bullet molds too along with various odds and ends like Lube sticks and a bunch of square rods of solder. My friend started looking up the prices for some of the stuff and then went and got his waif to ask her permission. I figured this was going to be his way of backing out. She looked up some of the stuff one line and after getting through all the corbin stuff she looked at him all pissed. Looked at the other boxes of stuff and asked her husband "why the hell did you call me out here?" and then added "give him the money!"

So he/we got it all. The manual for the lead furnace was in the box. It is and RCBS Pro melt. He will be bringing that later but was included in the price.

Turns out the corbin press is the original style Mini Mite that mounts horizontally. Here is a quick pic I snapped of it.

Untitled by c.swimm, on Flickr

Here is the die set for forming the .224 jackets.

I also bought an ammo can full of primers from him for $30. Here is what it had in it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:31:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice score.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Very Nice

Waiting for my first major reloading score.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice work! Get your hands on as much lead as you possibly can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top