Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 9:04:22 AM EDT
My lyman book states 2.26 my lee book states min 2.20 I'm using 55 grain hornady FMJSP with a cannulure. When I get to the cannulure I'm right at min 2.21 will I have a problem???
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be fine.  I load those so I just get a little of the canalure into the mouth.  They'll mag feed in an AR though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Seat to whatever works best for you and your rifle.  OAL is not manual specific,  The handloader is FREE to set OAL to whatever works best in his rifle or whatever turns his crank.
Some manuals do not even list OAL it is that un-important!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The handloader is FREE to set OAL to whatever works best in his rifle or whatever turns his crank.
Some manuals do not even list OAL it is that un-important!
View Quote

Within reason of course.  Mag length being a consideration on the long side... and the bullet ogive into the mouth on the short side.

That said, and M200 blank is WAY shorter than anything this bullet could be loaded to... and they still feed so-so.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I use RCBS X-sizer dies and the case length to start is 1.74 and when I seat those bullets, its just up to the cannulure.  OAL is 2.24     I've had no problems cycling the ammo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all, i'm a new reloader so I like to check with you experienced loaders. I loaded 50 rounds and all are between 2.205 and 2.208 so now it's time to shoot them compare to my store bought rounds and see how I come out!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My lyman book states 2.26 my lee book states min 2.20 I'm using 55 grain hornady FMJSP with a cannulure. When I get to the cannulure I'm right at min 2.21 will I have a problem???
View Quote

No, I have some WWB Q3131 / M193 stuff roll crimped into cannelure on the 55 gr that gets down to 2.19 COAL.  You're good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top