Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2012 4:15:22 PM EDT
I Bought a RCBS Chargemaster  Combo last year, and love the thing, but it seems that it does not like to deal with Win231

It loads everything else with no hang ups, but I have had numerous accounts of trouble with win 231, from error's, to the drop tube straining, and not being able to trickle, and having to reboot the thing a bunch of times.

As god is my witness, this only happens with win 231 It seems to jam up the despenser, like it's too heavy or something? I always fill it about 3/4 full, just like all the other powders I use in it with no problems.

ETA:I should also add that there is no moisture in the powder.

I have stoped useing it in my chargemaster combo, and just use it in my Hornady PM now, but I was wondering if anyone else has this same phenomenon?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My first Chargemaster Dispenser was like that- it jammed/stalled on anything other than extruded powders.  It hated AA2230, Win WST, etc.  I simply returned it to the store and picked up another one, and that one works fine.  It does "strain" a bit on WST, but it never stalls.  Maybe call RCBS.

Frankly, I don't really use this combo for pistol loads... I simply rely on either my Lee PPM or Lee Autodisk and load up progressive.  Dispensing/measuring on this scale would slow things way down.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My first Chargemaster Dispenser was like that- it jammed/stalled on anything other than extruded powders.  It hated AA2230, Win WST, etc.  I simply returned it to the store and picked up another one, and that one works fine.  It does "strain" a bit on WST, but it never stalls.  Maybe call RCBS.

Frankly, I don't really use this combo for pistol loads... I simply rely on either my Lee PPM or Lee Autodisk and load up progressive.  Dispensing/measuring on this scale would slow things way down.

Thanks rjbishop.

I'll give them a call, or maybe I'll just keep doing my pistol loads with the Hornady PM.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
W-231 meters as well as any powder available, so I would just use a powder measure.  That would be MUCH faster than a Chargemaster anyway.  

Yes, Iv'e learned the PM is faster, and just as accurate as the combo, with pistol powder. I got the chargemaster to load extruded powders without having to trickle up or down. This is where the chargemaster shines. I load all my cases one at a time. I was letting the chargemaster load the next charge while seating, and crimping for pistol, and most of the time I still beat the chargemaster anyway, and had to wait.

With extruded rifle powder loads, it's perfect timing, and I don't have to wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top