Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 4:58:28 PM EDT
I put this on ammo thread by mistake.  Still can not find H335 in my area but a friend gave me a pound of Exterminator powder.  He uses it in his .223 (24 grains) with a 55 grain FMJ.  I am just not familiar with it.  Any comments are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i plan on trying some TAC but there site says for Exterminator 55grn bullet 22.8 min to 25.3 max if you got to there website it will tell you all about it,it seems to be a small caliber varmit load powder
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You will like Tac.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
THANKS
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used Exterminator for loads weighing from 50 to 55  grains and it works great.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought some X-terminator when Midway had it on sale and really have not worked with it at all other than to run one series of near starting loads behind one bullet to see what would happen. During my summer vacation, I would like to see what it would do behind 40gr and 50gr  Nosler BT's as well as working up a knocking around load for the Hornady 55gr FMJ. I might try it behind 55gr Nosler BTs. Reloder-7 is also on the agenda with those bullets.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
well i use RE7 with about every 223 load and have for years and it is my go to powder as it is very accurate,fast and always in supply.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
well i use RE7 with about every 223 load and have for years and it is my go to powder as it is very accurate,fast and always in supply.

Even for heavy bullets?

I use it for 55s but that is only because I ordered 10 pounds of it last year when I went in on an order with a buddy.

Personally H335 works better for 55s in my long lange AR and I think there are better choices for heavier bullets.

I'd be interested to hear some of your recipes that work well.

To the OP, X-Terminator is slightly faster burning than RE 7 so it is really geared towards lighter 223 varmint bullets.

My best loads with 55 grainers during a ladder test were somewhere between 24 and 24.3 grains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top