Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 3:42:12 PM EDT
i have lupua and privi brass. I am using tac powder and sierra 77gr hpbt mk's.  I am trying to achieve at least 2750fps with a 16 inch barrel.  I know this exceeds .223 reloading data however not 5.56 loads.  Im up to 24.5 gr of tac in the lupua and 24 gr with the prvi brass with no signs of excessive pressure and .6"  4 shot gr at a 100yrds with an aimpoint sight. Does any one have a caculator that will tell me what my fps will be with 24.5 or 25 gr of tac.  (cci br 4 primers).

thks

only the rakks live forever
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope you do the work up!!!!!  Just remember that the Govt used crimped in primers.....and you should consider accuracy above all.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have a chrono, thats whats kicking my butt, just wondering what you guys know.  so far accuracy has been easy, the hotter load the tighter the group, easily under a moa so far without a magnifying scope. (to a certain extent im sure). but thanks for letting me know you dont have any answers
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
wasnt asking for magic, just thought this was a forum for sharing info, not a forum for not sharing info.  as for my attitude  - kiss my ass
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Boy, you won't last long like that.
Patience is a virtue.  Exercise some.
My experience was with gov't issue Mk262 and recommended loads to duplicate same with LC brass and TAC.  We were told 23.5gr behind the 77gr SMs was the load.  I have heard 23.5 on up to 24.5 in LC cases.  Now LC brass is thicker than yours, so you MAY get away with up to a grain higher, but take it easy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Wheels came off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top