Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2011 7:03:34 PM EDT
Hey all, wel I ran a full box of the bulk Remington Golden Bullets through the GSG and had one round blow out the primer on the casing. Had to punch the damn barrel with an Otis cleaning "flexi-rod". The second time I had it out the Remington Golden Bullet ammo did the same damn thing. When this happens the whole gun fills with powder and smoke and leaks out of every seam, even the stock smokes out the back end. Anybody else have this issue going on with this ammo on this gun? Think I got a couple hot rounds in the bulk packs or is it a gun issue?

The other problem I had was the gun failed to chamber a round for a whole magazine, it would hang up damn near everytime I tried to chamber a round. I got fed up enough that I put it back in the case to deal with later. The gun was well cleaned after the first brick of ammo also. I stripped the mags down and wiped them clean as well. I guess I'll try some CCI or something a little better quality next time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a single problem with Rem Golden here: Testing Rem Golden
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Clean it after every "brick".  Every 500 rounds?  .22 ammo is dirty as heck.  I clean mine every time I shoot it, even if its only a box or two (50 to 100 rounds).  Mine, means any .22 I have as I don't have the one you posted about.

Also, case head/rim blowing out, brass swelling up?  Sounds like its firing out of battery.  I've only seen one .22 fire out of battery and it happened numerous times.  It was a semi auto and something about the bolt or extractor was setting the rounds off before they were fully chambered.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sorry but go to almost any rimfire web site and you will see 90 percent will vote negetive on remy rimfire ammo! It is really dirty very unreliable. Glad it works for some but this type of thread comes up alot on the web and remington  leads the pack for unhappy users. Maybe around here that is not the case Good for you keep using it. None of my .22's do well with it thunderbolts or golden bullets. Sqiubs , filthy, unreliable! Many better options in same price bracket!
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am sorry but go to almost any rimfire web site and you will see 90 percent will vote negetive on remy rimfire ammo! It is really dirty very unreliable. Glad it works for some but this type of thread comes up alot on the web and remington  leads the pack for unhappy users. Maybe around here that is not the case Good for you keep using it. None of my .22's do well with it thunderbolts or golden bullets. Sqiubs , filthy, unreliable! Many better options in same price bracket!

Great point!  True that Remmy .22 sux in most cases...especially THUNDERBOLT!  However, Golden bullets are really my go to round for my gsg-5 when there is no Blazer around.

1000 rounds of thunderbolt thru a gsg-5:

Link Posted: 12/5/2011 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Sir, Is your gun under two years old? Do you still have the blown out casing?  Please I M me i might be able to help you. All I need is your serial number.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent that IM to you Chris, still waiting on a response.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine gsg5sd has only 60 rounds through it, and 10 of those jammed up like yours did.
I was using golden HV's also.....idunno
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Sir,
    Sorry i haven't got back to you. I just responded to you. If at anytime I neglect to get back to anyone please e-mail me [email protected] or call me at 1-800-290-0065 ext 139.
Thank you
Chris
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The blown casing happened because the gun fired partially out of battery.  This is typically when rounds don't feed smoothly and hang up just short of fully chambered.

#1. Check for sharp edges on the chamber mouth, and hand feed a couple rounds to make sure they go in and out without any effort.
#2. Avoid Rem GB ammo - it doesn't play nicely with most semi autos.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The blown casing happened because the gun fired partially out of battery.  This is typically when rounds don't feed smoothly and hang up just short of fully chambered.

#1. Check for sharp edges on the chamber mouth, and hand feed a couple rounds to make sure they go in and out without any effort.
#2. Avoid Rem GB ammo - it doesn't play nicely with most semi autos.

Also avoid remy thunderbolts unless you like to lead up your barrel and get alot of wax type lube all over as well
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top