Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:57:04 PM EDT
I wanted some optics on my GSG-5, which it mainly a range gun, and after not finding too much in my price range (cheap) at this morning's gun show I picked up a basic Tasco red dot on our way home.

It mounted on my GSG easily enough (I have a top rail) but when I go to sight it in, I find the red dot is on the front sight!  

So, how do you that have scopes on your GSG-5s deal with the front sight?  Is there any way to remove it?  If not, I will probably return the red dot and just stick with the iron sights; but I was hoping this simple red dot would this fun little carbine a little more accurate to shoot!

Cheers!  M2
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand your problem, the whole red dot sight is hitting the front sight?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it.  I want to know if I can physically remove the front sight as to not block the view of the scope.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it.  I want to know if I can physically remove the front sight as to not block the view of the scope.

Thats how it's supposed to be(Thats how my guns are w/ red dots. Red dot is aligned with the front site). If it was a magnified scope, you wouldn't see the front sight. You can take the whole front sight assembly off, but you would have to buy a new one and cut the sight off I guess(Airsoft one for $15...or so)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it

you can get riser mounts, i got a 1cm riser mount and all is good - lifts it just free enough so the foresight isnt visible
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look carefully you will see a screw that holds the front sight post in, loosen it and remove the post.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top