Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:23:54 PM EDT
...original post is irrelevant now so...

Hell of a deal on these: http://www.priceinsanity.net/servlet/the-63320/ProMag-Industries-GSG-dsh-A1-Magazine/Detail

I just got my order of 8 mags. They were shipped in a very timely fashion and customer service was excellent. These people want your business (with a price like that) and I'd say they deserve it. Also, these mags look very very nice and one guy farther down says they shoot well too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you find this?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Caution! Wholesale direct from Promag is more than that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot 5 full pro mags today and they worked flawlessly and they stayed open after the last round. Maybe some people don't like their mags but the ones I got worked great so I would recommend them especially for the price!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the link: http://www.priceinsanity.net/servlet/the-63320/ProMag-Industries-GSG-dsh-A1-Magazine/Detail

store looks kinda shady, but I guess I'll find out because I just ordered 8 mags.

I've heard bad stuff about Pro Mag stamped steel mags (in general I suppose), but I figured how could they screw up a mold... good to hear these are worth while.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Lets see what happends.
I just ordered 4 mags.

Keeping my finger crossed
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#6]
This smells like  "Tactical Designs"

Just kidding !! Keep us posted on the good deal..............
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I checked them out. They seem to be legit. They actually have two online stores, both in Florida. One is priceinsanity.com and the other is priceinsanity.net. The dot net store has the GSG5 mags but the dot com store does not. I emailed the owner and got a prompt response. I'm gonna take a chance and send for a few mags myself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope all works out and this is a loss leader for them. Promag has no reason to discount that deeply. Demand is extremely high and I for one am ordering weekly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
They claim to have 979 ProMag Industries GSG-A1 Magazines (22) RD in stock. Perhaps buying 1000 at a whack gets you some deeper discounts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]
To confirm what you guys have said, I found they had pro-mag Sig P225 mags and figured I'd go out on a limb on one. I emailed these guys after I already placed my order asking them to add the one mag and they took care of it and were very prompt and easy. I think this deal will turn out well.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Anybody receive any mags yet?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I just received my mags today.
It's exactly as expected.
I won't get a chance to try them out until next weekend but they look good.
I may order about 10 more.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine yesterday as well.  Pretty darn fast shipping.

I think I'll post a new thread to let everyone who didn't find this subject line interesting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Caution! Wholesale direct from Promag is more than that.

You are not correct sir, whole sale is cheeper than $15.00 keep it up and I will post dealer cost....... $15.00 is fair $$$ for those mags get um while you can guys!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]
does anyone know if they are used or new?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
does anyone know if they are used or new?

4 I received all looks new
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
i guess for 15$ you can lose anyways, thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered 4 of these Pro-Mags on Tuesday morning from www.priceinsanity.net and they were in the mailbox this afternoon.
GSG5A1 marked. I just filled one with 24 Remington Golden Bullet 22LRs and fired 'em off as fast as I could from my gsg5p....
never did hit that snake but neither the gun nor the new Pro-mag hiccup'ed.
Great service and so far a great product. I'll test the rest of them this weekend.

Jeff    GlockRocket34

Link Posted: 6/19/2009 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Aimsurplus also got some GSG promags in. 17.95

have 5 gsg promags and all have functioned flawlessly.

unlike other promags lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Just ordered 2 mags to test it out.

2-mags = $29.90
ups ground = $8.94

Will post results when they come in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Just received the 4 I purchased on Tuesday.  Will be trying them out over the weekend if the weather holds up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#22]
does anyone know if the 10rnd mags look like the 22rnd ones? Or are they the short ones? I didnt see a picture on the website.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Good question, the Factory 10 rounders are availble both ways, I dont know about Pro Mag.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I have 8 Pro Mags for my GSG 5 and mine seem to function flawlessly. Took my GSG out today and no FTF or FTE. I couldn't be more happier with these mags and alot cheaper than factory mags.
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#25]
same here, ordered 6 mags from this place and got them like 3 days later.  Very happy with the promags and the quick service and price this place has!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered 4 mags on Friday 6/19 and had them on Monday 6/22. I have not shot them yet. but after looking at them beside the other 4 ProMags that i have.
the springs are way different. Different in color, shape (diff bends in the spring where it goes onto the follower), wire diameter(need to mic them)
Makes me wonder if the first 4 i own have the wrong spring in them. this may explain all the problems.
i remeber reading a post on 22tactical about a guy have the wrong springs and ProMag sending him the corrects ones. I need to shoot the new ones first before i make any judgements. then i'll do a spring swap and see what happens.

Nate
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I suggest everyone check your Mags very closely.I received 3 of them in the mail today.One has a crack at the top front where one of the screws that holds the two sides togeather goes in.This is not a small crack.Probably 1 1/2" long total.It goes down from the top and then curves up the side.I don't think it was hit or mishandled,just looks to be a bad mfg. I looked them over close but I didn't notice it until the second look. Not saying more are out there but its worth checking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I suggest everyone check your Mags very closely.I received 3 of them in the mail today.One has a crack at the top front where one of the screws that holds the two sides togeather goes in.This is not a small crack.Probably 1 1/2" long total.It goes down from the top and then curves up the side.I don't think it was hit or mishandled,just looks to be a bad mfg. I looked them over close but I didn't notice it until the second look. Not saying more are out there but its worth checking.

If their is something wrong with your mags you can always send them back to Pro-mag for a free replacement as they are under lifetime warranty. I have 8 of them and mine work flawlessly!
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 3:47:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If their is something wrong with your mags you can always send them back to Pro-mag for a free replacement as they are under lifetime warranty. I have 8 of them and mine work flawlessly!

Thanks,
Yes I know.I just wanted to let poeple know there might be a problem with some of the mags and to check them out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
i ordered 3 today.  we'll see when they get here being as its a hol;iday,

SW
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 3:02:40 AM EDT
[#31]
5 ordered on 24 June, arrived 27 June via USPS priority mail. Look great......
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Ordered 2 last week since the OEM ones were $59 a piece at the only gun shop that had them. They look fine visually but won't get to shoot them till later this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#33]
ordered 20, got then in three days.

all look great, took them out-loaded to MAX-and all but ONE ran flawlessly, the ONE would NOT allow the bolt to CLOSE when fully loaded, removed ONE round and it now works fine.

heel of a deal and they only charged $6.89 shipping for 20 mags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Ran several hundred rounds through the promags yesterday and the only issues I had were the result of cheap ammo since the same thing happened with the OEM mag and cheap ammo. When loaded with the reminngton bulk stuff though no problems at all as fast as I could pull the trigger. Will be ordering another 3 or 4 mags next payday.
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Ok, so i took out the new ProMags and they ran great. I fired 300 rounds, only had 2 FTFeeds and it was with the same mag. So i may look into that one. Some held the bolt open some didnt, the stock one does when it feels like it. No biggie.
When i got home i took one apart along with the stock mag and one of the original (4) ProMags that i bought a few months ago. None of the first 4 would run for shit. even after cleaning, de-burring, and lubing them.
Both new and old ProMags say GSG5A1 on them, but the springs are way different. I'll be contacting ProMag sometime today.
Here is the difference in the springs, top to btm:
1st gen ProMag
2nd gen ProMag
Stock mag
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/Derf7667/gsg5magsprings.jpg
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I only ordered a lowly 3 of em on Sunday, They should be here sometime this week and hopefully I can get to the range this weekend...
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok, so i took out the new ProMags and they ran great. I fired 300 rounds, only had 2 FTFeeds and it was with the same mag. So i may look into that one. Some held the bolt open some didnt, the stock one does when it feels like it. No biggie.
When i got home i took one apart along with the stock mag and one of the original (4) ProMags that i bought a few months ago. None of the first 4 would run for shit. even after cleaning, de-burring, and lubing them.
Both new and old ProMags say GSG5A1 on them, but the springs are way different. I'll be contacting ProMag sometime today.
Here is the difference in the springs, top to btm:
1st gen ProMag
2nd gen ProMag
Stock mag
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/Derf7667/gsg5magsprings.jpg

HEY DERF, did the longer (correct) spring mags come from the seller for which this thread was created?  thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, the mag spring in the middle.

the shorter ones were from topglock that i got back in march

Nate
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#39]
thanks derf!
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Just got mine today, is there any reason why my mags are holding 24 rnds instead of 22 ?
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I can stuff 24 into one of mine as well but it I think it caused issues last time out. As long as I remember to stop stuffing rounds in at 22 then no feed issues.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#42]
ahhh... i thought that would be the case ...lol
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#43]
recieved mine today.  all three work 100% so far.  no problems at all.

SW
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got mine today... the site listed having 600+ in stock, so I ordered a couple.  Shot them today and no issues after about 500 rounds between the both of them.  Real quick shipping.

I was talking to a local gun shop owner about mags and he said that gsg will not be making their own anymore, and promag will be supplying them from now on.  I don't know where he got this info, but thought I would pass it on.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#45]
I noticed if I load a Promag and the factory GSG mag with 20 rounds and then chech the spring tension by pulling down on the thumb assist of each that the GSG mag has a much stronger spring than the Promags does.Don't know if this will make a difference in the long run  but I know I prefer a stronger spring.I think it may  last longer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I ordered 2 pro mags and I got them 3 days later.  Very fast shipping and I'm a very satisfied customer.  I just have to test them out at the range but they look perfect and identical oem mags.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#47]
I ordered 4 and got them in the mail 3 days later.  Very happy with the service.  All 4 have functioned flawlessly so far.  No complaints here at all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I got two of these mags from price insanity and to say that they fired more than they jammed up in every sort of malfunction you can imagine would be about all I can say about them. I contacted ProMag after reading the spring problems but never got a response back. In the interim I pulled the bottom off the mag and pulled the spring out (it's not attached in any way, just rides the bottom of the follower and base of the mag). I laid it (them) out, measured, and then elongated (stretched) each on by 2" and put it back in. There was no need to separate the halves of the magazine or do anything but remove the two bottom screws.

The range will tell me if this works or not, I'm eager to try it out and see if that's it. The spring tension on these two was noticably lighter than my factory 10rd mag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I got two of these mags from price insanity and to say that they fired more than they jammed up in every sort of malfunction you can imagine would be about all I can say about them. I contacted ProMag after reading the spring problems but never got a response back. In the interim I pulled the bottom off the mag and pulled the spring out (it's not attached in any way, just rides the bottom of the follower and base of the mag). I laid it (them) out, measured, and then elongated (stretched) each on by 2" and put it back in. There was no need to separate the halves of the magazine or do anything but remove the two bottom screws.

The range will tell me if this works or not, I'm eager to try it out and see if that's it. The spring tension on these two was noticably lighter than my factory 10rd mag.

I have had pretty much the same experience with the ProMags,multiple ftf's,jams etc all the while my factory mags fuctioned flawlessly. I'm glad others have had good luck with them, as for me I will never buy another.Please let us know how the spring stretch works.I know the Promag springs are weaker & shorter. I was thinking of adding a extra piece of spring to two of my Promags using the third mag for parts. Two mags that work are better than three that don't.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I actually got them on the phone and they're sending me two replacement springs that are supposed to be the correct spec. I'm going to try my stretched mod first and then if I need to change them out itd be real easy to do on range.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top