Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/26/2023 8:03:35 PM EDT
Anybody have experience with the Spartan Blades Ares? Looking to pick myself up one of these near the end of the year. Mostly getting it just for the collection, but I already got pocket knives, bushcrafting knives, and so on, and want something a bit niche to round out my collection.
Mainly gonna wait to the end of the year to use my bonus on it and they are apparently swapping from S45VN to Magnacut sometime later this year, and I'd rather go Magnacut when the option arises unless the S45VN is noticeably cheaper when they switch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about them but that is a mighty fine lookin knife
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience with that model but Spartan makes nice blades.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  Nice knife but the coating on the blade has some unsightly wear.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t have the Ares, but I do have several Spartans. I love them all.

Spartan is a hsld veteran owned company that does everything in America.

Careful though they seem to multiply.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate everyone chiming in
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I dig, though I'm not sure if it'll knock the Chris Reeve Green Beret or Pacific off my short list of fixed blades to add to the collection. But I really like those sexy Randall blade grinds.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dig, though I'm not sure if it'll knock the Chris Reeve Green Beret or Pacific off my short list of fixed blades to add to the collection. But I really like those sexy Randall blade grinds.
View Quote

I know they are good knives, but the Chris Reeves just don't interest me.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top