Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/18/2022 11:51:28 PM EDT
There was a fixed blade issued to special forces in another country , can’t remember the company or country but I wanted to pick it up in the future but of course can’t remember the name

Anyways what fixed blades that you guys know of are issued to USA and other countries military / special forces ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Bench made adamas I believe
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My shooting buddy is also LE and has 15 years in SF (still in reserves )

He was honor grad in selection and was gifted a Chris Reeves knife on a plaque (Yarborough model maybe) for that accomplishment

Hangs in his basement.... multiple deployments with a Gerber multi tool as his knife.

His response to me asking why he never wanted a big knife was... ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain, be light and fast.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The US Army doesn't really do bayonets, but Ontario Knife does make the .mil style bayonets..  They also make the MK3MOD0 knife for the US Navy..

USAF survival knife for opening Grey Poupon...

https://ontarioknife.com/collections/bayonets
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy smokes! The bayonet prices have certainly gone up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:07:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#5]
You may be thinking of Randall.
During Vietnam the SOG Recon Teams were issued a personal knife.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:
Holy smokes! The bayonet prices have certainly gone up.
View Quote

I was just thinking about. I was talking to a buddy about bayonets and told him I had an M7 just because why not.
They used to be 30 bucks anywhere.
I think those days are long gone.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
The Ontario USMC bayonets are choice.  I got a surplus one with numbers on the sheath.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been issued two:

Benchmade Nimravus

SOG Seal Pup

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Best knife the army ever issued to me.  Everything I needed, nothing I didn't, fit in the cock pocket of a flight suit!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Benchmade AFO was 5th Group issue item in AFGN 2001-2005.

Air Force survival knife still in the system.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Ka-Bar?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I was issued these knives, with a lot of other shit.
both great knives...." />" />
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
Ka-Bar?
View Quote

One I’m thinking of was from another country almost certain was issued to their special forces
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#14]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:

One I’m thinking of was from another country almost certain was issued to their special forces
View Quote

Kukri
Gurkha is probably what you're thinking of.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MudBug] [#15]
German Military Knife.
I bought a few of these and have them in emergency bags in all my vehicles.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:23:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoop] [#16]

One I'm thinking of was from another country almost certain was issued to their special forces
View Quote
Are you thinking of the Fairbairn Sykes commando dagger?

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MudBug:
German Military Knife.
I bought a few of these and have them in emergency bags in all my vehicles.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/263111953389-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
View Quote

Victorinox has a few variations available. I wish they make a version with a plain edge and alox handles.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#18]
The TL 29 was the coveted knife when I was in the Navy.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
Are you thinking of the Fairbairn Sykes commando dagger?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/62084/SHE006nw-2389303.jpg

View Quote

Good call.
I was trying to think of other units known for their knives.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:02:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#21]
The Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife was issued to British special forces during WW2, and is apparently still in service somewhere.

Attachment Attached File

ETA LOL badly beaten.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Issued is always a misnomer. There are some fixed blades that get an NSN so units can purchase them with unit funds, but the last time I saw "issued" fixed blades were the bayonets our company commander wanted to lock up in a footlocker so they wouldn't disappear because they were on his property book. That was back in 1994.

I worked with 2BN 7SFG(A) as their SIGO, and they never had a standard "issue". Some companies did buy various blades and multitools as "prizes" for various competitions, but not issued.  

As of 2019, I can confirm that the Swedish Ranger School (their version of special forces qualification course) issues the Mora 2000 as their "combat/survival" knife for those phases of the school.

ROCK66
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
My friend says he carried a gerber mk II in the the 80s/90s
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#24]
None of these were it. It looked like a kbar but more refined ect
It was a expensive knife on the website $300-$400
Was a private company that made the knife, I could be off on it being a standard issue for the military but pretty certain the website /company claimed it was issued to a special forces unit. Have no idea on the company name
I know that’s no help at all in figuring out what knife it is but this has turned into a cool thread nonetheless
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:38:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar] [#25]
BITD EDC pic     ---

I was issued the knife in the bottom right corner (we called it the "304th Bayonet" after our unit) and a Mk 2 survival knife.          The Mk 2 was boxed up and shipped back home and i hung this civilian survival knife upside down from my LBE   (Was a gift from my dad for my 14th b-day)

Main purpose for the big knives was to give you something to keep razor sharp when on CQ or guard duty, other than that, they never left the sheath -- basically good luck charms

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:24:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisGarrett] [#27]
Originally Posted By osprey21:

Randall's were never "issued" to anyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Originally Posted By Stryfe:
You may be thinking of Randall.

Randall's were never "issued" to anyone.

We're they issued to NASA astronauts?

Just asking.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Was a private company that made the knife, I could be off on it being a standard issue for the military but pretty certain the website /company claimed it was issued to a special forces unit. Have no idea on the company name
I know that’s no help at all in figuring out what knife it is but this has turned into a cool thread nonetheless
View Quote

I know of a Sheffield company that makes a version of the KaBar for Israeli issue
Not in the price range you stated though...
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#31]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOG_Knife

Attachment Attached File

Could you be thinking of this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tightlines49:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOG_Knife

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/345499/588C413C-3C76-4235-B486-5E53EB4A4C3A_jpe-2390180.JPG

Could you be thinking of this.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MISTERMOON] [#33]

The CUK was carried by SEAL teams from both the east and west coasts in DESERT STORM.
In the june 17, 1991, NewsWeek published an article on SECRET WARRIORS includes a photograph of a SEAL wearing the CUK.
The knife was also produced with a PHROBIS marked blade for general military and commercial sales.
This version proved quite popular with the MARINES and NAVY personnel departing for the GULF campaign from the west coast.
The marked knives were produced mostly in black Zytel as well as a few in green.

http://www.m9m4.com/index.cfm?currentpage=15
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#34]
There is issue and then there is unit purchase. No military is going to issue a $400 knife.

All I ever received were multi-tools thru unit purchase, maybe 6-7 over the years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#35]
At my first Team, the issued fixed blade was a Glock field knife.  Of course most guys went out and bought their own.  Every once in a while a guy would show up with some wazoo shit and the Platoon Chief or the LPO would have to tell him to un-ass that silly "cutlery" from their gear.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Extrema Ratio Fulcrum? They made some in bayonet form that were made for M4’s, but the standard Fulcrum is their issue knife to their SOF.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m guessing it’s the Extrema Ratio Col Moschin. $400 knife that is issued to some Italian unit.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/EX125/extrema-ratio-col-moschin-combat-knife-black-n690-combo-blade-forprene-handles
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Special Operations (meaning not typical military shoot-manuever-communicate) missions require specialized cutting tools.

US Military EOD still get issued all sorts of nifty knives & cutting tools.

My favorite: Mission Knives: MPK-12ti

(Website) https://missionknives.com/products/mpk-12

The knives that we got issued pre-9/11 were rather blah and stringently tracked.  If you broke/damaged a knife/tool it would be a fair bit before a replacement was to be had.  After 9/11 it was like the knife of the month club, for many years.

US GOV procurement folks were good idea fairy-ing got the shit out of knife producers acquiring off the shelf to meet demanding TTP’s.  Certain GOV agencies would purchase knives and then issue/give them out to EOD that supported them on ops as well.  Some EOD units were given pretty much free reign on spending pre-deployment dollars (for a few years) to enhance equipment gaps by purchasing custom knives, many came with engraved serial numbers and custom unit mottos, etc.

Its hard to have ONE KNIFE good for every EOD task, so many techs carry multiple blades.  All have their own personal favorites.

I loved my MPK ‘bowie’ and a 24” titanium crowbar for most grunty EOD tasks.

For detailed work ceramic blades were extremely useful, but not as durable on deployments.  We went through plenty of ceramic knives, and ceramic blades for cutting tools.

~Will
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Was it a bayonet sold by sarco, they sold a Frankenstein bayonet made with conetta mk2 blades, but had an m7 bayonet hardware, they had a couple different ones, and sold as experimental and special forces, some were even saw back, but all were fantasy pieces made from surplus parts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Are you looking for the US Army Special Forces issued, serialized Yarborough Knife?  You can order a no serial # straight from Chris Reeve now:

https://chrisreeve.com/products/green-beret

Otherwise, Infantry (At least Airborne) and SF units get issued M9 bayonets, some units always carry them, some never leave the arms room.  They also get issued many fixed, folding, and multi tools, often 2-3 different ones per deployment. Engineers and demo guys also get demo knives.  For some reason, the rest of the Army is pretty hit and miss on getting issued anything .
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:10:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Are you thinking Extreamaratio?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:58:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#42]
Extrema Ratio out of Italy has done a lot of military collaboration knives, the RAO is another:

In June 2006, the “185° Rgt. Ricognizione e Acquisizione Obiettivi” (Target Acquisition Regiment) airborne “FOLGORE” (185° RAO) entrusted to Extrema Ratio the development of a unique knife fitting the unit’s specific operational duties. This resulted in the RAO: not an oversized folder as much as a compact survival & field knife, with a heavy and dependable blade.
View Quote

Another Extreme Ratio knife the Glauca B1, designed for, the
French GIGN (National Gendarmerie Intervention Group), a counter-terrorist unit of the French National Gendarmerie established in 1974 after the tragic Munich massacre. They’re mentally and physically equipped to handle hostage rescue, protection of government officials, and national threats. They’ve rescued over 600 hostages and are known to be one of the most efficient counter-terrorism units around. Their blade of choice is the Glauca B1 Tactical Knife with a blade tip designed for fierce penetration.
View Quote

Again, there are a lot of small batch knives (and other tools) that get a commission and if accepted can go through the process of getting an NSN for general ordering (most don't). A lot of makers will do collaborations with members in the community and then advertise that their knives are used by "special X" military forces.

There's a long history in many knives getting tested and used in smaller batches. If go back you'll find plenty of drama like the tested Mad Dog ATAK knife and Mission MPK version for Navy SEAL trials:

The term "issued" is rarely what it means. Unless the manufacturer goes through the GSA process to get an NSN, most blades are unit purchased, in small batches, and often associated with limited test and evaluations.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
As late as the mid 70's the British paratroops were still issued the FS.  They had a demonstration team that performed throughout europe at that time.  Part of the team jumped in full kit.  A group of them wandered over to the firehouse to ask where to eat.  We invited them to lunch.  I got to discussing the gear they carried and it turned to the difference between the USAF Pilots knife I was issued and the FS he was carrying.

Obviously these have two entirely different missions.  After lunch he handed me the FS. I protested saying he'd probably have to pay for it.  Nope, says he, I lost it in a jump.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Don’t think it was any of these

I remember I found the website for the knife on the soldiersystems website/blog maybe 2 years ago

I know that doesn’t help much at all
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Was it a Fallkniven?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

https://za-empiretacticalgear.glopalstore.com/gerber-lmf-ii-infantry-survival-knife-foliage-green/

Gerber LMF II. There's also an ASEK model for aircrew.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
Was it a Fallkniven?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Any chance it was a Bark River Bravo 1?

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AHSGA] [#50]
An guy I worked with was issued a ZT fixed.  Was a marine.  No bao was issued.

He was a 0351 mos.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top