Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/27/2019 7:19:44 PM EDT
I was left a hatchet, knife, and sheath years ago that was my grandfather's when he was a boy scout.

I am interesting in restoring the leather and handles on the knife and sheath. I would also like to restore the edge on the knife and hatchet. Do you guys have any pointers or possibly references to who may do this work?

Thanks,
Spencer
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Full time leatherworker here. The stacked leather handle is no problem to replace, I’d suggest an entire new stack (matching the stain/patina would be near impossible). Shoot me a PM and I’ll send you enough leather to re-do the stack and the instructions to do so. The stitching, rivets and snap seem to be in good condition on the sheath, it could probably do with a good conditioning if its structurally sound.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Full time leatherworker here. The stacked leather handle is no problem to replace, I’d suggest an entire new stack (matching the stain/patina would be near impossible). Shoot me a PM and I’ll send you enough leather to re-do the stack and the instructions to do so. The stitching, rivets and snap seem to be in good condition on the sheath, it could probably do with a good conditioning if its structurally sound.
View Quote
Email inbound. Thank you for the help.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top