Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/5/2018 7:22:05 PM EDT
I need some recommendations, what are some cool folders or auto knife knockoffs from Aliexpress? So far I've found a microtech knockoff that looks OKish that I might get. What do you guys think, what are some other cool looking blades I can consider? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Why? I have plenty of expensive knives and I'm tired of shelling out big bucks for a new one every few years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's expensive to you?

I've been carrying the same Benchmade griptillian since 2007. It's slightly worn but still in great shape and I'm sure I'll get another couple decades out of it

Buying knockoff no-name chinese crap off a bulk importer is a great way to ensure you'll buy a cheap knife every year vs buying an expensive knife every few years. Frankly, whatever you're doing to destroy your knives will be even worse with garbage knives.

I learned the lesson early. I bought a cheap Chinese knife that seemed solidly built years ago. Completely disassembled itself in my chest pocket while skiing; I was lucky it didn't end up in my chest when i took a digger.
View Quote
Damn, ya you gotta watch the screws. One of my microtechs is even starting to get lose, sadly I refuse to buy their special triangle shaped screwdriver to fix the problem. Every knife does that eventually with me. For $30-80 for a knock off knife is worth it to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
But to awnser your question for a knife these days I'm not willing to spend more than around $150. A Benchmade afo2 or a 06gerber aren't out of the question but I've always wanted an otf knife. And there's no way I will spend what microtech wants for a mass produced otf knife.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Taiwan Lighting has been OK.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I would advise againt buying clones unless you really don’t want to buy a real one.

The Benchmade Griptilian is about $100 so for ~$50 more than a clone of the 940-1 you get a real knife with a real company backing it.

But, if you must, the benchmade 940-1 clone is pretty good, if you would like, check out my review of the clone vs the real thing Here.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top