Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2018 8:39:05 AM EDT
Thoughts on the Spyder yojimbo folder? Good EDC blade?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm carrying one now. I carry it almost all the time.

That being said, I also have some exposure to martial arts that promotes the use of a warncliff type blade. So for me it fits pretty nice.

The design of the knife itself is pretty nice, I love the locking system and the blade geometry is good for most of my daily chores.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one here in A'Stan with me; it gets in the rotation often.  I wasn't sure about it at first, but it really grows on you.  A very functional EDC IMHO.  I keep it as a razor's edge...that hollow-grind can really get an edge on it and it's pretty easy to maintain.  I like Spyderco's compression-lock, so that was just a bonus.  I really think it as a great blade-to-handle ratio.  The handle looks small, but works well.  I put a deep pocket clip on it and it disappears.  It's a folder I carry in the weak-side pocket quite often.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The warncliff blade is what really stood out to me and made me want to give it a try. I have a PM2 and am not a huge fan of the compression lock besides how smooth it is. I tend to usually buy liner lock knives for some reason, maybe because that’s what I am used to. I also was looking at the ZT 0503T which is In The same price range and seems to be on sale often. Any experience with them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Yojimbo for awhile. Build quality is great and its a cool knife. The blade style didnt work for me personally though so I went back to a PM2 or Military for daily use. No experience with the ZT you mention.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also was looking at the ZT 0503T which is In The same price range and seems to be on sale often. Any experience with them.
View Quote
Did you mean ZT 0566?  That is the only ZT I know of in the same price range as the Spyderco Yojimbo 2:

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it part of their ethnic line (or whatever they call it)?
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
This one 0350TS ... Sorry got the numbers switched around! Can usually find it on sale around $120 or so

Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This one 0350TS ... Sorry got the numbers switched around! Can usually find it on sale around $120 or so
View Quote
Ah...that makes sense...hate it when dyslexia sneaks in  That ZT and the Yojimbo are pretty different designs.  I like the Yojimbo, but see it as more of a second-blade vice primary EDC.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The ZT 0350 is a pretty robust knife, it's been my primary edc knife for the last few years. I recommend it.
A member here used one in a self defense situation several years ago. He said it performed well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Had one.

It's a wicked defensive blade.  I don't carry a folder for defense, I carry fixed blades for that.

Didn't like it as an edc.  Between the hollow grind and the blade shape/size, it just didn't do what i wanted well.

Sold it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top