Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:18:30 PM EDT
http://cornbreadtactical.com/index.php?id_product=9&controller=product

First off, ya I work at this store. I closed my photobucket account so I have no image hosting site so I can only link the store pic to show it. I ran over to Winklers shop and saw these. The Weapons Retention Tool. Some team guys came to him with a problem. Badguys are grabbing their barrels when they make entrance into buildings/rooms.

He came up with this. When someone grabs a barrel, shooter can keep strong hand on the weapon for positive control and with the other hand draw this out and go to town on the threat.

Its not something he advertises so I figured my fellow knife guys would enjoy seeing one of his blades you probably won't see anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting design, but I can't figure for the life of me where it could be carried on my belt / person with good retention, grab protection and comfort.... the Karambit behind my mag pouch I can do comfortably and retain.  That seems a bit bulky.

I do like the design ideas I see in his stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It has the belt clip and also can be mounted with 2 straps on kit. I've played with it and the best place for me would be mounted sideways on the ledt side of my kit pointing in towards my midline. That way when I pulled it, it would be away and slightly back setting up for a strike motion as its drawn. Easier for me to mak space verticaly versus horizontal.

Its cool seeing some of the specialty items he makes to solve particular problems. He's got a door lock opener that he dosent sell to the public requested by a grfoup that I really want to get as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like it would be easier to transition to their pistol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like it would be easier to transition to their pistol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Thinks about it. You make entrance and someone grabs your barrel. What hand are you gonna hold onto the weapon with and what hand is going to let go and draw? Your strong hand will stay on the weapon holding the grip and staying by the trigger. Your weak hand on the forward rail/vert grip will let go to draw. Where is your pistol mounted? On your strong arm side. Having a blade on your weak side is what you can draw.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like a really well made version of a flea market ninja fantasy weapon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I am certainly no expert in room clearing but wouldn't it be easier to just step back or sideways (which ever gives you the correct angle) and shoot the guy grabbing your long gun.   At least as opposed to grabbing a different tool and having to close to stab while your long gun is getting jerked around between you and the other guy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Not when making a dynamic entry. There is no stepping back because someone is coming right behind you. You won have to close space because your already in striking distance of the threat. This item was requested by team guys so if their using it, pretty sure they've gone over other options. Going hand to hand is not the first option. Pie'ing corners is great bu when speed is required that's not always an option.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not when making a dynamic entry. There is no stepping back because someone is coming right behind you. You won have to close space because your already in striking distance of the threat. This item was requested by team guys so if their using it, pretty sure they've gone over other options. Going hand to hand is not the first option. Pie'ing corners is great bu when speed is required that's not always an option.
View Quote

Right on, that makes sense.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top