Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2014 2:59:37 PM EDT
My Spartan Blade's Enyo arrived yesterday and I finally got around to taking some pictures.  First off let me say this is the sharpest knife I've handled.  After wrapping the handle with paracord provided with the knife, I found the palm of my left hand had several cuts, I thought I was being careful but still managed to get a few nicks.  I tried a few of the paracord wrapping methods I found on youtube but ended up just doing what worked for me.  This will be my EDC once I figure out how I want to carry it.  Tried neck carry yesterday but not sure how well I liked that.  Will try IWB next.  Here's a few pics I took.  Please excuse my poor knife handle wrapping.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That little sticker is nice!  Congrats on your new knife and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This is how I wrapped mine. I like it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I might try a different style but for now this seems to work well.  How do you carry yours, neck, IWB or something else?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice, I might try a different style but for now this seems to work well.  How do you carry yours, neck, IWB or something else?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I carry IWB with the holster shown at 3 o'clock. Just in front of my carry pistol at about 4/5 o'clock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that I used overseas. Great little knife. Lost the first one and the dudes at Spartan gave me an extra 10% off a new one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm definitely going to buy another Spartan.  I want to get the Ares.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm definitely going to buy another Spartan.  I want to get the Ares.
View Quote

I cant decide between the Ares or the horkos
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I was having the same dilemma but decided on the Ares.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was having the same dilemma but decided on the Ares.
View Quote

Too me it likes the the ares is curved and the other is straight
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After wrapping the handle with paracord provided with the knife, I found the palm of my left hand had several cuts
View Quote

This is why you wrap the handle with the knife in the sheath.  If the sheath covers too much of the handle, you can tape 2 pieces of cardboard together around the blade.

Nice knife.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
NIce.

Best place to buy?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Now you tell me

Quoted:

This is why you wrap the handle with the knife in the sheath.  If the sheath covers too much of the handle, you can tape 2 pieces of cardboard together around the blade.

Nice knife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After wrapping the handle with paracord provided with the knife, I found the palm of my left hand had several cuts

Nice knife.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
That looks great. I want to try wrapping mine.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Enyo is a fantastic blade, mine has seen substantial use and continues to be carried every single day. Old picture..

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Without looking for ways to wrap it, I came up with this.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Without looking for ways to wrap it, I came up with this.<a href="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/VictorCastle/media/527610bc19cd2054661cb866dc92e9c7_zpsb4b79410.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/527610bc19cd2054661cb866dc92e9c7_zpsb4b79410.jpg</a>

View Quote

Sandman,

Why did you wrap your Harsey?  Was the Micarta handle not big enough?  And please share your impression of the knife; I'm torn between that and a CRK Pacific.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:My Spartan Blade's Enyo arrived yesterday and I finally got around to taking some pictures.
View Quote

Very nice!  The Enyo is the only small fixed blade that makes my pulse increase..  I'm soooo looking forward to adding one of those to the mix.  Those Vets over at Spartan Blades sure do make some good stuff.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:I'm torn between that and a CRK Pacific.
View Quote

I take nothing away from CRK, his products are exceptional.  I too considered a Pacific, but went with the Spartan Harsey II, because I liked the blade profile better and the jimping, it's just so rock solid and locks into your hand like a glove.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I've always thought the Enyo was one of the best looking neckers out there, just wish it was about 25% larger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've always thought the Enyo was one of the best looking neckers out there, just wish it was about 25% larger.
View Quote

I think increasing the size would severely degrade its functionality.  I tend not to use mine as a utility blade, use as last option type of thing. With that said, I had no issue puncturing through a cars sheet metal roof when the need arose.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never even bothered to wrap mine.  I'll be sticking it on my war belt soon, but I wish they sold separate Enyo sheaths so I could get extras.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Okuden makes the sheaths, they would probably sell one/
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think increasing the size would severely degrade its functionality.  I tend not to use mine as a utility blade, use as last option type of thing. With that said, I had no issue puncturing through a cars sheet metal roof when the need arose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was set to buy one. Happened to be in a store that had one in stock about a week before I got paid so I asked to see it. I'm glad I did, it just wasn't large enough for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like it would be difficult to use with a reverse grip unless you have small hands. Strictly for slashing? Stabbing in to soft tissue?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Spartan Blade's Enyo arrived yesterday and I finally got around to taking some pictures.
View Quote

Your thread pushed me over the edge, I had to score one of those little guys.  My Daughter is going to wrap the handle for me this weekend, but I'll have to keep an eye on her, cause she might walk off with it.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top